Another one bites the dust

Sagittaria

Established Member
Combination of real bad weather, running real wide tires, and having about 25% tread on said tires, and not slowing down when running said tires in the rain. Needless to say I saw the spot of water when it was too late and back end immediately whipped around. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the immediate vicinity.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's totaled since the front end of the car is bent to the drivers side.

20130212_161050_zps1eef9442.jpg

You can see where I slid across three lanes straight into the guard rail and spun 360 degrees.

20130212_161125_zpsa4357806.jpg

Hit that front wheel first before the back end spun around and hit.

20130212_162532_zps89ebbe9c.jpg

You can see the cursed tires. Snapped the lower control arm in half, ripped the upper control arm from the knuckle, and pulled the axle in half. Only thing keeping it near the car is the e-brake cable

I'd also like to note that not one person stopped.

20130212_172812_zps8e085f6a.jpg

Bye bye.

I'm going to hear what they say about it soon.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
biggest cause of Cobra wrecks .... drivers overestimating their own driving skills and driving faster than they can think.

looks totaled to me .. sucks, but at least you were able to walk away from it.

hotcobra03

Established Member
glad your ok,,i did that but no guard rail,,texas,hwy 10 mile marker 166 area going 90 mph,,was forced over into center median by tractor,did a couple 360s across 2 lanes of on coming traffic and into a ditch,,car was 6 months old,,my damage was chin broke half off and all rims had rocks and weeds jamed into side,,no flats,,but out of balance ,did drive it home 5 hrs...what was running thru my head at time of spin was the look on my wifes face when i tell her i rolled your car,,,lol

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Glad your ok, you can always buy another

Make sure you buy it back and par that sucker out! I know I may be interested in a few.....

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Glad you are okay man...Sucks that this happened. RIP to the car, that looks like it's totaled. :(

Sagittaria

Established Member
Glad your ok, you can always buy another

Make sure you buy it back and par that sucker out! I know I may be interested in a few.....

Yeah well the best part about all this is Im leaving the country for a couple years otherwise I definitely would. There's all kinds of aftermarket stuff in there worth some $$$ on its own. Not sure what I can do now.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Important thing is you walked away without being hurt. Looks like your car was modded pretty good, good thing is you can find another one fairly easy. Goodluck.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Mother of God...I just threw up. Makes me sick to see a Terminator like that. One less of these rare badass vehicles on the road. A sad day, and **** the other drivers for not stopping. What a bunch of assholes.

b_dike

Established Member
That really sucks man. How'd you end up in the rain with bald drag radials anyway?

Same thing happened to a kid I met at a car meet. Said it was his daily, I asked about the rain, and he just kinda shrugged it off. We all warned him. Couple months later it was totalled. He had a kb2.8 I think too...

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Its a shame no one stopped, I guess it all depends on where you live. Bet the rain played a factor as well. I know where I live in Jersey no one here stops for shit. But when I am up visiting relatives in upstate New York if your on the side of the road everyone and their mother is stopping for you. Remember my girlfriends car got a flat tire and I was changin out the flat, in the time I got the flat off the car 3 people stopped and asked if I needed any help.

Anyways, glad to hear your alright. In the end that is really all that matters. Cars come and go. That seemed to be very tastefully modded so its a shame. Hopefully you don't lose your ass on it too bad, be sure to post the results.

selbyvince

Established Member
Sad to see these threads. You Gould def look into buying it back, and if nothing else selling it to someone who will part it out. Make you a little money back and help out the board with parts. Instead of letting some lot get it. No one wins that way. Lol. Glad you are alright though. Keep us updated

Sagittaria

Established Member
That really sucks man. How'd you end up in the rain with bald drag radials anyway?

They're KDW2s. Believe me I never ran DRs for that reason. I never had an issue in the rain with them. They're supposed pretty darn good tires for the rain... halfway crossed my mind though if that would change as they wear. They still had a some good tread over the wear bars. But I learned my lesson.

But yeah I would love to part it out but I literally leave next week. So that doesn't leave much time for any of that. Looks like I'm going to take a pretty good hit of money. :(

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Important thing is you walked away without being hurt. Looks like your car was modded pretty good, good thing is you can find another one fairly easy. Goodluck.

Yes.. I could really use that front bumper...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread