Another notch in the belt!

Sly Fox

Established Member
I had the k springs installed on my car the night before. Went to pick the car up the next morning to bring her home, which is about a 40 mile drive. Well on the last 15 mile or so stretch of rural highway(Mexico that is) a very nice 03/04 cobra comes up on my left from the on ramp and semi spirited merges into traffic. I wait until the one or two cars clear and accelerate up next to him.

He immediately drops his window with a large cocky grin on his face. He comments on my car then ask if I want to go on three. I oblige and the first run was from a 55mph roll both cars in 3rd gear. I honk it off and right away jump out about a half a car a pull steadily to about 130mph where I have him by about 2-2.5 cars. We slow down and both agree on a 40mph roll. Big mistake on his part lol. Both cars in 2nd, he honks this time and I start pulling like a freight train like his cobra was standing still. I shut it down at about 140mph as I was already 4-5 cars on him.

We pull into a parking lot right inside town and he tells me his car is cat-back, pulley, and tune running 13psi.

My car is '12 5.0 6M, custom Jon Lund tune, gt500 ab, k springs and M&h drag radials with driver mod.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sweet Jesus are you 100% sure it was an '03-04 Cobra? Hold on while I run to my closet and look for my flame suit, I'll let you borrow it, you gonna need it.

Sly Fox

Established Member
Sweet Jesus are you 100% sure it was an '03-04 Cobra? Hold on while I run to my closet and look for my flame suit, I'll let you borrow it, you gonna need it.

Positive. I stopped and talked with the guy afterwards.

Sly Fox

Established Member
I smell BBQ...:burn:

Nice kill..

I hear them coming now...:cuss:

I know how dare I walk on this forums flagship. Shame on me.

I gave the guy my number for the next time he's feeling froggy. Ill be sure to get the impossible on record for all the non believers.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Mother of God, I made the mistake years ago of claiming to beat a ported Eaton Cobra with my Vortech Mach 1. Never lived it down. I was flamed for 5 pages.

Last edited:

DerekDTP!

Established Member
Good kill, lol I just got pulled by an 03/04 cobra the other night.. Except I had no traction, but he did.... And more mods hahaha

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Good kill! It probably isn't the expected out come from the SVT owner's point of view, but a win is a win.

Users who are viewing this thread