Another new PB!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I was all set to go to BG last weekend, but had to bail due to weather forecast. Had commitments to be in Myrtle Beach for family vacation. Well I got back in town last night and was dying to try a new tune revision I got just before BG.
Tune looks great! I'm not hitting the rev limiter on the second gear shift anymore. It was killing my timing thru most of 2nd gear.

not much of a ET gain yet, but DA was warmer (1700) then last time (800 to 1000). I'm extatic the way the data logs look. Next weekend is looking like highs in the upper 50's and DA should be 500ish!

1st pass should have been a 9.49 or better! Car took off so hard, I slipped in the seat and let off the gas. Resulted in a 9.58 with a weak 1.46 60'. I believe that could have been in the 1.36 to 1.37 range had I not let off the gas. I hate the stock head rest on our seats. Got to put it on a gangsta lean to compensate for the helmet, otherwise you end up with a kinked neck...

2nd pass felt really good, but the track wasn't as good. 1.42 60' and I just barely missed 9.40's... 9.50@146

Car is going on the Dyno next weekend & hopefully see 9.40's on Saturday. Hoping to see 800whp and 700wtq. Shifts were 7400, 7400, & 7200. 3800lb race weight.

Gen 1 Roush TVS on E85
69mm upper 5% lower 8 rib
VMP twin 67mm TB
123mm JLT CAI
BBK 1 3/4 long tubes w/ X pipe, 18" resonators, stock over the axle pipes, 3 chamber Flow Master mufflers
3.55 gear
stock trans & stock converter

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 251
  • image.png
    image.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 272

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Vid of the 9.50 pass[video=youtube;446vCibhmTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=446vCibhmTA&sns=em[/video]

dennisn

Established Member
Nice,

Curious your axle tubes welded?? I'm worried how much stock axles will take. Also you caged as well?

Car is moving out.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Nice,

Curious your axle tubes welded?? I'm worried how much stock axles will take. Also you caged as well?

Car is moving out.

Thanks!

I just had my axle tubes welded back in June. If your running an auto trans without LCA relocation brackets, then I wouldn't worry to much about welded tubes. Relocation brackets are hard on the tubes.

Im on stock axles and no roll bar or cage...

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
[video=youtube;UIwJX8b0QhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIwJX8b0QhE&sns=em[/video]Slow motion

corepwn

Established Member
Awesome new PB. My tracks close for the winter so I won't have a chance to try and catch up until spring.

Should see 800rwhp no problem.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Good deal! I see the susp is working well!

Thanks guys!

After BMR sent me a new set of bushings, I went ahead and installed their elastomer bushings in the lowers. Our season is almost over, so I want to see if these bushings will hold up.

BMR LCA w/ elastomer bushings
Roush upper
No LCA relocation brackets
Stock springs w/ 1 coil cut on all 4 corners
Adj rear shocks
BMR adj pan hard bar
Stock struts

Next year I'd like to add a anti roll bar, drag struts, & possibly heim joints or bearings in the LCA's...

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Im sure i have missed it but what kind of engine mod's. That thing moves out i will say.

It was a basic short block upgrade...
Diamond 11.25:1 pistons
Manley H beam rods
billit oil pump gears
New torque to yield head bolts

Heads were freshened up, but reused stock cams, chains, & original stock valve springs.

Last edited:

blue50h

Established Member
Damn your car really moves out! Making me want to find a way to get E85 in my plans.

Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread