Another new Ford GT model is coming July 4th at Goodwood

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Does it matter at this level? Lol
Well yeah. No one has the 919 at their disposal to run on the track. The GT MkII will be in the hands of 45 (stupid rich) people to put to use. Will they all be? No, but at least we have one guy here that will. This is an occasion where it needs to be said this is a Ford enthusiast site. So why should people not be excited about the MkII? You really are being a debbie downer on this, what gives?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
This is what a modern day GTS/GT1 car would look like if the class still existed. Think C5R or Viper GTSR in terms of domestic cars. Way more potent than the current day GTE cars. Similar power/weight/brakes/downforce as the mkII, just 15-20 yrs worth of tech advancements lol!

blk02edge

Established Member
Well yeah. No one has the 919 at their disposal to run on the track. The GT MkII will be in the hands of 45 (stupid rich) people to put to use. Will they all be? No, but at least we have one guy here that will. This is an occasion where it needs to be said this is a Ford enthusiast site. So why should people not be excited about the MkII? You really are being a debbie downer on this, what gives?
I would be stupid excited if I were Treynor or any of the lucky 45, but as a mere mortal it just doesnt actually do anything. It really doesnt matter as my opinion is worth less than 1% on the matter but im just sayin' if it were something us poor people could use to compare against other cars. Which is the only way to enjoy cars we cant afford IMO. Im still kinda annoyed that we have never had a real FGT street car lap time on the same day/driver. So with that lack of marketing effort why SHOULD I be excited about this? Honest question, why are you?

Just look at this thread, it went fast, lots of interest and then poof, its another race car, it kinda went dead aside from my complaints haha. People dont care

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I would be stupid excited if I were Treynor or any of the lucky 45, but as a mere mortal it just doesnt actually do anything. It really doesnt matter as my opinion is worth less than 1% on the matter but im just sayin' if it were something us poor people could use to compare against other cars. Which is the only way to enjoy cars we cant afford IMO. Im still kinda annoyed that we have never had a real FGT street car lap time on the same day/driver. So with that lack of marketing effort why SHOULD I be excited about this? Honest question, why are you?

Just look at this thread, it went fast, lots of interest and then poof, its another race car, it kinda went dead aside from my complaints haha. People dont care
I’m excited about the car because I think it looks bad ass, like the fact that Ford is making a GT “to the extreme” not hampered by rules, and again looks bad ass. Road racing isn’t widely popular here. That is my reasoning on why there are not more people posting here. Hell, if you look at other threads you would think the Charger/Challenger is the single greatest achievement in automotive history.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I have a feeling most of these will go to established race teams. I am sure there are those with the means to get one but being race only should go to teams that race.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m excited about the car because I think it looks bad ass, like the fact that Ford is making a GT “to the extreme” not hampered by rules, and again looks bad ass. Road racing isn’t widely popular here. That is my reasoning on why there are not more people posting here.

Meh, I'm not impressed. Still waiting for the C8.

Hell, if you look at other threads you would think the Charger/Challenger is the single greatest achievement in automotive history.

Wait, are you saying it's not?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And what exactly are you excited about with this car? The 919 was cool because it shit kicked literally everything. This car wont do that
Because it's awesome.

Same way I was excited with the McCan race Viper came up on BAT. If I wasn't dealing with a divorce I would've been all over it.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm excited for it, and if it needs to be compared to something I would love to see a comparison of it up against the Vulcan, Ferrari's equivalent 488?, and throw the Senna in for shits and giggles to see how a still road-going track car compares to these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread