Another L&M positive feedback post

Status
Not open for further replies.

carguy19

Established Member
Just kidding... I just wanted to be like the other 10 people this week that posted one. :D

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
It's probably employees of L&M. Trying to get their name out of the mud. Lol

carguy19

Established Member
It's probably employees of L&M. Trying to get their name out of the mud. Lol

They probably asked all the people that they have built motors for to give positive feedback. I would if I was the owner there.

What they don't realize is that all they have to do is stand behind their work and do the right thing and admit their screw up on badcompany's motor and thats all the positive feedback they will need. it doesn't matter if it was L&M or evo's fault.

They are going to cost themselves 100's of thousands of dollars for 10 grand.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
they probably asked all the people that they have built motors for to give positive feedback. I would if i was the owner there.

What they don't realize is that all they have to do is stand behind their work and do the right thing and admit their screw up on badcompany's motor and thats all the positive feedback they will need. It doesn't matter if it was l&m or evo's fault.

They are going to cost themselves 100's of thousands of dollars for 10 grand.

lol

Bad Company

Established Member
Oh my what a world we live in LOL

Thanks guy for giving me something to laugh about.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Threads like these show how little class some of the members have on this forum….sad really…and a bummer the mods won't remove it.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Asks a guy who lists Redline hood struts as a mod….lol….just a blip of the throttle with a 1000RWHP and stock tires is going to put that new motor against the limiter...

Softballer77

Established Member
Asks a guy who lists Redline hood struts as a mod….lol….just a blip of the throttle with a 1000RWHP and stock tires is going to put that new motor against the limiter...

You're reaching with that comment. Too many people on these forums appreciate Snoopy49's daily contributions that show 90% of the time factual Ford documentation to back up his writings. We all know why he posts what he does on his mods, and we appreciate it. I don't care if he wants to list something as small as a nut used on his wheels. Obviously and unfortunately there is always "1" that has nothing else to grab at so they go with a cheap shot like that. If you had a 10th of as much contribution to this community as he has...

Many MANY people on these forums are running over 800 rwhp every single day on tires that are NOT DRs. This isn't an NA, strip only/non-street legal vehicle with zero interior running low 8s through the 1/4. 800-1000rwhp is extremely controllable AND comfortable in our vehicles. Not only surprisingly so, but almost laughably so. Frankly I get tire happy with my Shelby a lot, and have never had an issue of being able to keep it under control rev wise. Matter of fact, Blackdevil77 had a drugged out youngster take his pride and joy to the middle of the street and beat the thing so bad that it destroyed the clutch, broke up the bellhousing, and was blowing molten metal all over the parking lot as he tried pulling it in. (it was all caught on video). Now that the car is fixed, not one issue was found with his engine...

...now you have a man who has a fully "built" engine with $25k sunk in it that barely lasted over 300 miles and goes up in smoke after a controlled "pedal roll-in" EVEN WITH STREET TIRES that should NOT have destroyed itself. All of us here know what's up...we've seen the evidence...and anyone who thinks an engine with that much money in it and built by what was a reputable shop doesn't last anytime EVEN IF HE HAD ABUSED IT WHICH HE HAD NOT is crazy. It's supposed to be able to take more abuse than stock anyways no? So how can a controlled roll-in under redline make an engine eat itself? To me it's obvious there was an issue with this engine. I don't care how pretty people try to paint the trees around it...

It's just too bad there isn't more integrity in the engine building world, or at the very least do what they can to make things right even if there is a potential that no one firmly knows what happened. If nothing else, trust me on this one....L&M/Evo will be learning from this situation and will not make the same mistake twice if they want to continue business (if it doesn't fall in after this anyways).

Bad Company

Established Member
You're reaching with that comment. Too many people on these forums appreciate Snoopy49's daily contributions that show 90% of the time factual Ford documentation to back up his writings. We all know why he posts what he does on his mods, and we appreciate it. I don't care if he wants to list something as small as a nut used on his wheels. Obviously and unfortunately there is always "1" that has nothing else to grab at so they go with a cheap shot like that. If you had a 10th of as much contribution to this community as he has...

Many MANY people on these forums are running over 800 rwhp every single day on tires that are NOT DRs. This isn't an NA, strip only/non-street legal vehicle with zero interior running low 8s through the 1/4. 800-1000rwhp is extremely controllable AND comfortable in our vehicles. Not only surprisingly so, but almost laughably so. Frankly I get tire happy with my Shelby a lot, and have never had an issue of being able to keep it under control rev wise. Matter of fact, Blackdevil77 had a drugged out youngster take his pride and joy to the middle of the street and beat the thing so bad that it destroyed the clutch, broke up the bellhousing, and was blowing molten metal all over the parking lot as he tried pulling it in. (it was all caught on video). Now that the car is fixed, not one issue was found with his engine...

...now you have a man who has a fully "built" engine with $25k sunk in it that barely lasted over 300 miles and goes up in smoke after a controlled "pedal roll-in" EVEN WITH STREET TIRES that should NOT have destroyed itself. All of us here know what's up...we've seen the evidence...and anyone who thinks an engine with that much money in it and built by what was a reputable shop doesn't last anytime EVEN IF HE HAD ABUSED IT WHICH HE HAD NOT is crazy. It's supposed to be able to take more abuse than stock anyways no? So how can a controlled roll-in under redline make an engine eat itself? To me it's obvious there was an issue with this engine. I don't care how pretty people try to paint the trees around it...

It's just too bad there isn't more integrity in the engine building world, or at the very least do what they can to make things right even if there is a potential that no one firmly knows what happened. If nothing else, trust me on this one....L&M/Evo will be learning from this situation and will not make the same mistake twice if they want to continue business (if it doesn't fall in after this anyways).
That is one of the best ways to put it that I've seen to date.

The working relationship between L & M and Evolution has evidently fractured already. Evolution is touting about their personal shop race car is now Mustang Performance Racing/MPR powered. I was wondering why this car hadn't been to a race all year. Evidently the L & M Engine failed the end of last years racing season and they kept that quiet. Evidently the L & M Engine didn't last more then a few races before it ingested itself. Evolution Performance was willing to post a new dyno video and a picture on Facebook touting the new MPR engine last week before the Import vs Domestic Race at MIR and for everybody to come to the race to see them with it. I gotta laugh, because Michael was touting how good a driver Nelson Whitlock at Evolution is and the fact that he had the driving experience to not destroy one of his engines. Where as I did not. LOL Evidently Michael's engine can't stand up to someone with supposedly considerable professional driving experience in Michael's opinion to me either.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You were pedaling that thing like crazy, weren't you. With 700 HP I know your story is BS. To bad no video surfaced.

"The final results with a conservative break-in tune with limited RPM for now are 1002RWHP@6400RPM and 883ft-lbs of torque at 4750RPM all with a max boost of 16.6 psi and an average boost of 15.4 psi"

"Come to a stop sign to make a right turn and think to myself.......Hmmm, you really haven't felt the POWER yet. The engine could use a load and some boost to help seat the rings. So I pull away gently and once the car is straight start sinking my foot into the throttle. It breaks traction, but the boost gauge is still only around 9 psi. I pedal it. Get traction and squeeze the throttle to roughly 5500 RPM......starting to feel real good now.....LOL shift into 2nd and squeeze the throttle she is slightly hazing the tires, but is pointed straight and running true. I don't lift, but I don't add anymore throttle. Boost comes up to 15 psi and the motor sounds and feels great. RPM is 5000 and the car is picking up a lot of speed very fast. Hmm I think........I should back out of it......a cop comes over that hill I'm probably doing 80 mph in a 45 on a rural country highway......this won't be good. Time to lift......It feels toooo goood.........I don't wanna. BANG......."

Bad Company

Established Member
You were pedaling that thing like crazy, weren't you. With 700 HP I know your story is BS. To bad no video surfaced.

"The final results with a conservative break-in tune with limited RPM for now are 1002RWHP@6400RPM and 883ft-lbs of torque at 4750RPM all with a max boost of 16.6 psi and an average boost of 15.4 psi"

"Come to a stop sign to make a right turn and think to myself.......Hmmm, you really haven't felt the POWER yet. The engine could use a load and some boost to help seat the rings. So I pull away gently and once the car is straight start sinking my foot into the throttle. It breaks traction, but the boost gauge is still only around 9 psi. I pedal it. Get traction and squeeze the throttle to roughly 5500 RPM......starting to feel real good now.....LOL shift into 2nd and squeeze the throttle she is slightly hazing the tires, but is pointed straight and running true. I don't lift, but I don't add anymore throttle. Boost comes up to 15 psi and the motor sounds and feels great. RPM is 5000 and the car is picking up a lot of speed very fast. Hmm I think........I should back out of it......a cop comes over that hill I'm probably doing 80 mph in a 45 on a rural country highway......this won't be good. Time to lift......It feels toooo goood.........I don't wanna. BANG......."
Whatever you say my friend.

I can swear to you on a stack of Bibles 3 feet tall and you'll never believe that I never put the engine against the rev limiter. Yet you can't look at my pictures to see that the primary cam sprocket bore is blue from spinning on the camshaft, yet the face of that exact same sprocket has nary a mark on it. Pure evidence of the cam bolt being loose.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Whatever you say my friend.

I can swear to you on a stack of Bibles 3 feet tall and you'll never believe that I never put the engine against the rev limiter. Yet you can't look at my pictures to see that the primary cam sprocket bore is blue from spinning on the camshaft, yet the face of that exact same sprocket has nary a mark on it. Pure evidence of the cam bolt being loose.

Sorry, but I happen to believe you failed your motor. I believe that because when you turned the corner, you decided to give her the boot and not a damn thing wrong with that, done it plenty of times myself. But with your power and no drag radials, you aren't looking at anything but the road and trying to keep it between the lines. And the redline, it's there in a blink of the eye, and you were not used to that power at all. Bouncing off the limiter, in and out of throttle and in and out of traction are a very bad combo, as you found out.

Softballer77

Established Member
Sorry, but I happen to believe you failed your motor. I believe that because when you turned the corner, you decided to give her the boot and not a damn thing wrong with that, done it plenty of times myself. But with your power and no drag radials, you aren't looking at anything but the road and trying to keep it between the lines. And the redline, it's there in a blink of the eye, and you were not used to that power at all. Bouncing off the limiter, in and out of throttle and in and out of traction are a very bad combo, as you found out.

In today's day and age, I see people constantly banging their motors off the limiter. CONSTANTLY. I'm not saying I'm a fan of it, but if every engine blew every time someone hit the limiter, we'd ALL be buying Tesla's right now.

Engines don't blow everytime one hits a limiter. Matter of fact, the limiter is there to PREVENT an over-rev and engine damage.

So even if this was the case (and BC already stated it wasn't), your response still does not hold water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread