Another K-member question

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
I know this has been asked a lot but most of the stuff I found searching is several years old so I want newer information.

I'm planning on buying MAC long tubes for my car. So I figured if I do that then it's a good time to buy a new k-member. My car will see more road use than track use so I'd want something strong and has good clearance for the headers. Also, I want to use the stock a-arms and springs. Or should I just stick with the stock k-member? I wasn't sure if the MAC headers would clear or not.

I've heard good things about the Steeda one, but I know they're expensive and Steeda doesn't really sell them anymore. I know the UPR one can work with stock a-arms but what other ones out there would be good?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
The Mac's should clear the stock subframe. Don't get a PA Racing K member. I've read good about Team Z, Maximum, Steeda. But then again, I also read good about PA Racing.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
team z I had to send back , had fitting issues. got the upr one and no problems

Unless you want dog crap, don't buy UPR. I HATE mine with the burning passion of a thousand suns. It's horribly designed and UPR is a joke of a company after the way they have treated me over the years. Maximum Motorsports is the best for street use. My team-z products have all been superior to most others as well. Steeda has issues with customer service.

im-1

Established Member
MM k member all the day
Get the complete k memeber kit it's around 1800$

GodStang

Established Member
I love my mm but I have full coil overs. You should be fine with stock kmember with Mac headers

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I have team z autocross k-member kit and hellion MM kit I'm looking to sell, PM if interested in either one. Will be posting them soon.

svtshadow

Banned
Unless you want dog crap, don't buy UPR. I HATE mine with the burning passion of a thousand suns. It's horribly designed and UPR is a joke of a company after the way they have treated me over the years. Maximum Motorsports is the best for street use. My team-z products have all been superior to most others as well. Steeda has issues with customer service.

Why do you hate yours?

And what kind of a setup do you have?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Why do you hate yours?

And what kind of a setup do you have?

Minus the noise, the design is much different than most of the others causing issues with rack bushings and turbo piping. UPR has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with and their products are rip off's of other companies.

I've run MM on the White Turbo car before and I loved it. I removed it to run a motorplate setup using Team Z. Another great product. The black car has UPR and I hate it. The front end kit rattles and makes constant noise. I've done all I can to remove the noise but it still squeaks and rattles.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Minus the noise, the design is much different than most of the others causing issues with rack bushings and turbo piping. UPR has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with and their products are rip off's of other companies.

I've run MM on the White Turbo car before and I loved it. I removed it to run a motorplate setup using Team Z. Another great product. The black car has UPR and I hate it. The front end kit rattles and makes constant noise. I've done all I can to remove the noise but it still squeaks and rattles.

Is it the actual k member making the noise or is it the coilovers?

ShadowDrake

Established Member

I thought I was the only one who felt this way about UPR, good to see I'm not alone.

AVOID UPR, here's why:

Fit is poor
The A-arm bushings will blow out/explode
UPR will not know what you're talking about when you say you need new a-arm bushings
The ball joints are garbage and will go bad

Mediocre parts, garbage support.

Edit: saw your question on why Nightmare hates his, mine's the same.

Noises (squeaks from bushings), clunks (from a-arm mount holes being improperly sized), motor mounts don't fit up well, powdercoat is weak and flakes off and it rusts really quickly. Steering rack setup is special, you'll need shorter bolts, mine didn't come with the parts or bolts needed to adapt to fit.

Last edited:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Team z here with stock a arms (little grinding needed) with kooks 1 3/4 longtubes and stifflers k member brace with stock cut coil springs. No problems here

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I plan on doing the same thing, but I've heard the Gen2 UPR K-member is much better than their first unit. However, it's still from the same company...

Haven't certain K-members moved the front wheels forward a inch or so and it looks funny in the wheel well?

Bfazona

Established Member
I'm one of the ones that's had good luck with PA Racing. My k-member fit perfectly and the website gives you options to add little things or keep the stock control arms/springs, which is the route I went. I also added tow hooks, which are great for strapping the car down in the trailer. MM also makes a top notch k-member, and I doubt you will find anybody that disagrees. As for any other brand, you will get contradictory reviews from members similar to oil preference.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I'm one of the ones that's had good luck with PA Racing. My k-member fit perfectly and the website gives you options to add little things or keep the stock control arms/springs, which is the route I went. I also added tow hooks, which are great for strapping the car down in the trailer. MM also makes a top notch k-member, and I doubt you will find anybody that disagrees. As for any other brand, you will get contradictory reviews from members similar to oil preference.

Did you have any issues with ground straps, brakes lines, motor mounts or the oil filter with the PA K member? There customer service was terrible, they wouldn't answer the phone and reply with one word relies to my emails.

bubblehead93

Established Member
love my steeda k-member, performance of the MM without having to do anything with the oil filter... run MM fwd offset LCAs though... biggest difference is the MM can by you some more fwd offset for those looking for that for track purposes...

r/
Andy

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Another vote for Steeda. I have had mine in for over two years and any time I crawl under the car, I'm very glad it's in there (not to mention a total of over 100# I have dropped off the nose). They brought it back for good reason.

Here's a bunch of info on it:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/chassis & steering.htm#Steeda_K-member

People gripe that it is expensive, but considering all the goods that are needed with the MM kit, you'll pay almost double once it's all done there. Remember, you get what you pay for. Since a good K-member is integral to the front structure, don't cheap out!

Cool comparison overlay of the Steeda and OE K's for the heck of it:

K-Member%20overlay.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I also added the MM four-point brace to the K which fits fine - another bonus (pics on the same page as the link above.

Last edited:

Bfazona

Established Member
Roy, I have not had any of the issues you mentioned with my PA Racing k-member. I have to run a short filter, but I can still access the factory location.

Users who are viewing this thread