Another Helicopter flight video for you all!!

CobraMac

Established Member
Just thought I would post this up for everyone since all the other videos most people liked watching because of the views! This one is from a couple weeks ago when I took my fiancee for a ride in a little R-22 down the coast!! It's a fun video where you get to see the airport, Long Beach, and the SoCal coastline from 500 feet and below!! P.S. Sorry about the wind sound at parts, we had air vents open and it was hitting the mic.

Check it out in HD!

[youtube_browser]mqoMtquhE7A[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a fun ride! Wish it was longer though, with some closer views of the coastline. I used to live in Long Beach. :)

oldmodman

Established Member
I always enjoy seeing your videos.

Even more since I live in SoCal and SM is my home airport. And I have flown in and out of most local airports many times.

Thanks for going to the trouble of shooting them.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Thats crazy they let you take off from a taxi way like that. No instruction what so ever go go to a runway?

Looks like fun! Do the turbine transition and get into the R66s.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
You're a brave soul for flying the Robinson. I know they operate just fine, but any mast that is smaller than my arm is too small for me!

CobraMac

Established Member
I always enjoy seeing your videos.

Even more since I live in SoCal and SM is my home airport. And I have flown in and out of most local airports many times.

Thanks for going to the trouble of shooting them.

No problem buddy!! I'm glad you love the videos!

that looks like fun!!!

Thanks man, it's a blast!!

still waiting for my ride...:poke:

It's gonna happen Steve, I promise!!!

Dream Job for sure.

It's definitely a blast man...I truly am a lucky guy!!

CobraMac

Established Member
Thats crazy they let you take off from a taxi way like that. No instruction what so ever go go to a runway?

Looks like fun! Do the turbine transition and get into the R66s.

Yahhh they let us take off from there, the helipads, or wherever almost. Helicopters don't need runways to take off lol. And I was talking to the tower and all that, you just can't hear it cuz the cabin noise.

I actually have a turbine transition and time in the R66 already, I also have time in the Bell Jetranger too, so I have some good turbine time.

Was that Jon Lund flying???

Lol do I look like Jon Lund??

You're a brave soul for flying the Robinson. I know they operate just fine, but any mast that is smaller than my arm is too small for me!

Hahaha I like to think so as well. It's a fun little helicopter though...it flits and moves around so quick!

Updates on the Vette?

Actually I sold the Vette believe it or not :eek:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob! I have a few others that I'm uploading right now, so I'll post them up when they are done!

Thanks! I always love watch your videos. I envy the fact that you're a helicopter pilot. :)

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Hahaha I like to think so as well. It's a fun little helicopter though...it flits and moves around so quick!

Do you have any military time? I've flown the th-67 (of course), 58 a/c, 58d and currently the 47d. I miss those nimble little 58's though!

CobraMac

Established Member
Thanks! I always love watch your videos. I envy the fact that you're a helicopter pilot. :)

Thank you very much Bob!!

Do you have any military time? I've flown the th-67 (of course), 58 a/c, 58d and currently the 47d. I miss those nimble little 58's though!

Actually no I don't...I am seriously debating joining the coast guard through the Blue 21 flight initiative (have spoken with a recruiter multiple times actually and they are really wanting me to). The program is for college graduates with a private helicopter license and I would go directly to OCS and then flight school immediately after. I love what I am doing now though so it's hard to tear myself from it.

Lol of course Jetranger time, the main Army training helo, gotta love it!! And and the 58D's are awesome...amazing scout helicopters I've heard too since they're so quick and maneuverable!

I love th-67s though...they are a lot of fun. R-22's are a blast for me as well...once you've flown big guys like the 47d for a while and try and get in a 22 though it would be like you've never sat in one before hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread