Another guy getting rid of his truck.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Well the title says it all. I'm putting my truck back to stock and getting rid of it. It has been fun owning a gen II Lightning but due to baby #2 on the way I'm forced to get rid of this toy cuz you can't fit 2 baby seats and 2 adults in it.

Any parts that I have left I will post up in the for sale section.

Thanks for all of the knowledge and advice that has been givin from countless people on this board. :rockon: :beer:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Sorry to see you go...Goodluck with the new addition to your family.I sent you a pm on your Dynatech's...

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Trust me you'll miss her. I have owned a 2001 and a 2003 Lightning. I finally moved on when my 03 was totalled. I bought a crew cab Nissan Titan LE with all the bells and whisltes. I am very happy, but my L's will always hold a special place in my heart. Good luck with the new kiddo

203Cree

Established Member
Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do. Keep the mods, trade it on a HD. Bolt everything onto the HD and you're set. Room for 5 if need be. :)

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
203Cree said:
Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do. Keep the mods, trade it on a HD. Bolt everything onto the HD and you're set. Room for 5 if need be. :)

Room for 4 acually.. 4 captains chairs, and 2 consoles, atleast thats what the 03 i looked at was like.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Sorry to see another long-time member sell the L, but you do what you have to do. Good luck though, with whatever route you take after the L.

203Cree said:

+1

203Cree

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Room for 4 acually.. 4 captains chairs, and 2 consoles, atleast thats what the 03 i looked at was like.

You can do the 5th seat mod. Take out the rear console and put in another captains chair. You're right tho, it comes with seating for 4.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Whoa!!!!,
I would find a compremise Kids are adorable and fun to watch grow up, but getting rid of my Lightning wouldn't happen. Can you compremise some how? buy a used 03 Windstar or something?

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
venomous said:
...I bought a crew cab Nissan Titan LE with all the bells and whisltes. I am very happy, but my L's will always hold a special place in my heart.

I've been looking at one of those as well. they're nice trucks. I just can't bring myself to trade the L in for one though. Maybe when she's paid off.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Sorry to see you go. But congrats on the new baby. Have you found out yet if it's a boy or a girl? Or are you doing the surprise route?

What vehicles are you looking at now?

(I'd go the H/D route as well)

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Right now I'm looking at a 06 f-250 Harley Edition w/ the PSD. I think with a couple of mods that will satisfy my needs. There is a guy in town that has a turbo back exhaust and a diablo tuner that is running 11.5's in the 1000ft. That was what my Lightning did stock. Keep in mind his truck is a crew cab 4x4 w/ 20's. Add some No2 to that and that will be a fairly quick truck for what it is :-D

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Congrats on the new baby!!!

JLP is selling Sue's HD truck right now.:D :coolman: You will miss the power, You have to do what you have to do. I sold my L because of kids but got myself into a HD. HD's come with seating for 4 but yes, you can remove the rear console and fit another captains chair there perfectly. With the HD truck, you can have your cake and eat it too. Family vehicle that can still be taken to the track and beat up on some people, can still tow a trailer as well.

That is why it is called the "Bastard child of SVT.":D

Last edited:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
you could get one of this babys and you would still be in the family-ish.

svtlightning083.jpg

just lower the hell of it, if you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread