another funny ebay listing

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
LMAO! Did you guys read all the questions and answers??
Thanks for sharing!!

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
for the guys that cant see all of them

Q: Can this BJ be used on Canadian buit High revving engines? There are some days and nights that are cold up here. To have to get things going again with cold hands, after a belt has been thrown, is uncomfortable. It would be good if the deep groove pulley crossed borders. Jun-10-09
A: This BJ does not descriminate. It will work on any crank that has the right bolt pattern. Your belt will fit deep into this groove so the chance of pulling out is slim. Jason

Q: Just wanted to Know how long this BJ will last? Jun-10-09
A: It depends how hard you are on it. If you are easy on it it could last for generations. Wouldn't it be something if your daughter could be giving this BJ to her son? Jason

Q: i have a big crank and a long stroker if i stand my big crank up will the BJ still work its a cummings Jun-10-09
A: I'm sorry, I don't think this BJ is a good match for your cummings. You are welcome to try. Many say that a pulley is a pulley. Unfortunately, the times of getting a BJ from your Dodge dealer are a thing of the past.

Q: i was told its not a good idea to buy used BJs on the internet. its frowned upon due to the many variables in the shafts and the risk of dropping belts? Jun-09-09
A: Maybe the person who gave you this false info wants this BJ for their own. Nothing is worse than seeing a friend get a BJ that you really wanted for your self. Jason

Q: Say, like many guys, my crank has a slight bend to it- will this BJ work with a bent crank? I don't want to drop my belt at an inopportune moment! Also, I don't have access to any stripper- the wife won't let me keep any on hand- is it possible to enjoy a dirty BJ just as it comes? My standards are admittedly low, and pretty much any BJ will probably be fine by me. Any tips on how to get one of those off? Jun-09-09
A: The BJ will not be affected by a bent crank. You may wat to have your crank checked out by the machine shop do make sure it can be used. A dirty BJ is still a good BJ, but the grime may nick your belts and nicks are bad. The BJ is currently removed from the crank. If you need to get the crank off of the BJ later I recommend long smooth motions rather than quick jerky ones. If you use jerky motions the BJ may get the crank off too quickly and you may get hit in the face. I hope this helps, Jason

Q: I plan on using your BJ on my Old crank. (crank is out of a 59 Belair) My wife says it wont work and wants to watch when I try to get your BJ onto my old crank. I hope to win and show her I am still capable of rebuilding an engine at my age. Jun-09-09
A: That usually costs extra. With this BJ, you can do whatever you want with it once you pay for it. If you need any help with the BJ that will definitely cost you extra. Jason

Q: Wow! I paid at least double for my bj. This is an excellant price. Jun-08-09
A: Yes, this BJ is currently very cheap. I imagine many bidder's are waiting until the last minute to keep ths BJ a secret from their significant other. Jason

Q: I have a really big crank (6cyl) can I get it stroked and still use the BJ ? Jun-08-09
A: I doubt this BJ would be useful on a 6 cylinder. I don't think the crank would be the problem. This BJ has spent its life on wild V8s and a think your engine may be a disappointment. I think you should be looking for the HJ pulley. There is nothing wrong with a good HJ. Jason

Q: This item appears to have been around the block more than a few times,do any of the holes appear to be bored,drilled or oblong? Any idea how long this BJ might last? Thank you Jun-08-09
A: This BJ is a pulley of experience. It has been used, not abused. This BJ has been around for over 40 years and I believe it is just being broken in. If treated properly, you may be able to pass this BJ onto you sons and grandsons. That would be a BJ that lasted 3 generations. Jason

Q: Does my reciprocating assembly need to be modified in any way to accept your BJ? I'm running a 10-10. Also, do you have a recommended lubricant in order to properly mount your BJ on my assembly? I'm concerned about chafing of the flange. Jun-08-09
A: A cut or modified crank will not affect this BJ. This BJ requires no lube. If you feel it is necessary to lube this BJ I would use a flavored lube just in case things get messy upon assembly. Jason

Q: I am very interested in purchasing your factory bj. I have had some bad experiences in the past with bad bj's I bought that didnt fit my 69. I was told they were original bj's, which they weren't and I was toldly dissatisfied with the quality of their bj's. Are you sure I will like the quality of your bj ? Jun-08-09
A: Check the earlier questions. This BJ will not work with your 69 becuase your unit is too long. The factory did not make a BJ for a long unit. Jason

Q: Would this BJ work with a stroker? Jun-08-09
A: The BJ will work with an engine that has been stroked. There are a few things to keep in mind though. The BJ can not be used while the engine is being stroked, it will get in the way. Also, some users may have trouble getting any benefits from the BJ after being stroked. If you plan to stroke it, I would save the BJ for later. That being said, you may want to keep a BJ around just in case you are not satisfied with the results of srtoking your engine. Jason

Q: Without trying it first, would there be any way to know in advance, if the BJ could have an adverse effect on balance? Jun-07-09
A: BJs are known for throwing off balance. Many old racer's say that a BJ throws the balance off just enough to relax harmonics at high RPMs. In fact, many old racers used to sneak in a BJ after tech inspection just before hitting the track. If tech caught them, the racer owed them the BJ. I hope this helps, Jason

Q: I am only interested in 69's ... that is my favorite. I see in your listing that 69 is noticible absent. Is this simply an omission.... or can modifications be made to make it correct for a 69? I know I probably could use it for a 69, but I want it to be absolutely perfect. Jun-07-09
A: I believe you are out of luck in having this BJ as part of your 69. This is due to the water pump length. 68 and earlier use a short unit and 69 and up uses a long unit. This BJ is only intended for short units. Contrary to popular opinion, the size of your unit does make a difference. I hope this helps, Jason

Q: If i pay for the BJ and it isnt what I expected can I get a refund? IE ... Will you guarantee that if i receive the BJ i will have a happy ending. Thanks Jun-05-09
A: Yes, as long as you return a BJ as good or better that than it was given to you then I will give you your money back. Please, just don't give others the BJ you bought from me before giving the BJ back to me. We are still talking about a pulley, right? Jason

Q: My wedding anniversary is coming up. Do you think my wife would be interested in giving me this item as a gift? How do you think I should drop the hint that I really, REALLY want it? Jun-05-09
A: I'm sure if your wife knows your are a high revving individual, then she knows you could really use a BJ. I think the best way to show your wife that you need a BJ is to spin your belt off a few times when she is with you. After seeing you with no belt she is bound to be begging to give you a BJ. After all, after all these years with no BJ, who could pass up a man who already has taken off his belt. I hope you get your BJ, Jason

Q: Will the purchaser of your BJ (pulley) need any type of buyer protection? Jun-05-09
A: As always protection is up to the buyer. That being said, you should not need protection with this BJ. The pictures do not do this BJ justice. The best way to get a feeling for how nice this BJ is would be in person and the BJ should be bare. I would recommend making it bare with the use of a little stripper. Sandpaper is quite scratchy and wirewheels are abrasive and leave marks. I would not let sandpaper or wires anywhere near this BJ, a stripper it the way to go. However, If you do use a stripper, I would recommend protection as strippers can make you burn. Good Luck, Jason

Q: I'd like this pulley BJ on my crank. Have you any other "deep groove" items? Jun-04-09
A: Sorry, this is the only deep groove I have. I long for more than just a single BJ. I can dream......... Jason

Stevo151

Established Member
Q: Just wanted to Know how long this BJ will last? Jun-10-09
A: It depends how hard you are on it. If you are easy on it it could last for generations. Wouldn't it be something if your daughter could be giving this BJ to her son? Jason

hahaha this one is my fav for sure!!!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
:lol::lol: I thought craigslist was the only one that people would use to do these things. The only other time I remember from ebay was the JDM rock, dont know if anyone ever saw that one.

Users who are viewing this thread