Another dealer full of b.s.

nate

Established Member
Stopped in to a local dealer yesterday just to check out their Ford GT in the showroom. They had a 13 shelby optioned exactly like I have my 14 ordered, only with the track pack. The salesman saw my wife and I's interest since this is the first time we had seen a black/black coupe in person and were admiring it. He was convinced we could make a deal and put that car in my garage today. They had an adm of $20,000 on top of the msrp. I politely told him I had a 14 on order for msrp at another dealer.. He then proceeded to tell me that they are not making 14's and this one is one of the last ones. My wife jumped in and said they were mistaken. Then it turned into "well if Ford does decide to make a 14, which they were not admitting, the order banks wouldn't be open until middle of next year." He was sure we could make a deal and wanted to know what it would take. I told him "sell me the car at msrp, and I will drive it home today". He goes to his sales manager and manager comes in and spouts the exact crap the first guy says; no 14s, super rare, blah, blah, blah. The lowest they would go is $75,000 or the car would just sit. I got up and politely said my goodbyes and left. I feel like outing the dealer since there are a few St. Louis people on this board and would love to forward this thread to the sales manager to let him know the business he has lost for trying to lie and train his staff to lie to customers.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Stopped in to a local dealer yesterday just to check out their Ford GT in the showroom. They had a 13 shelby optioned exactly like I have my 14 ordered, only with the track pack. The salesman saw my wife and I's interest since this is the first time we had seen a black/black coupe in person and were admiring it. He was convinced we could make a deal and put that car in my garage today. They had an adm of $20,000 on top of the msrp. I politely told him I had a 14 on order for msrp at another dealer.. He then proceeded to tell me that they are not making 14's and this one is one of the last ones. My wife jumped in and said they were mistaken. Then it turned into "well if Ford does decide to make a 14, which they were not admitting, the order banks wouldn't be open until middle of next year." He was sure we could make a deal and wanted to know what it would take. I told him "sell me the car at msrp, and I will drive it home today". He goes to his sales manager and manager comes in and spouts the exact crap the first guy says; no 14s, super rare, blah, blah, blah. The lowest they would go is $75,000 or the car would just sit. I got up and politely said my goodbyes and left. I feel like outing the dealer since there are a few St. Louis people on this board and would love to forward this thread to the sales manager to let him know the business he has lost for trying to lie and train his staff to lie to customers.

this is EXACTLY what you should do. if more people did this i.e. posting the TRUE story on here with no embellishments and then forwarded a link to the sales manager and the business owner along with a letter explaining WHY they posted the story maybe some of these idiots might quit pulling this stupid shit.

Planeswalker

Established Member
Either the dealer is really stupid, or thinks their customers are stupid. Amazing they still try to pull this crap, guess they haven't heard of this new thing called the internet!!!

nate

Established Member
Either the dealer is really stupid, or thinks their customers are stupid. Amazing they still try to pull this crap, guess they haven't heard of this new thing called the internet!!!

Yeah, either way, they look bad. Either they think that their customers are idiots and that they can lie to them, or the sales staff is so incompetent that they don't even know their own product line. I had 3 different salesmen try to tell me that there will be no 2014 Shelby's. You would hope that the dealer isn't instructing all the salesmen on these dishonest tactics to potential customers.

topless10th

Established Member
it was SO easy, with help from this site, to have more/accurate info on the '13 than my salesman/dealer. the difference is my guy looked into it before saying things he didn't know. i felt we were working together to get me the car.

5.0 guy

Established Member
If they tried to screw you on an order you made I can see why you would bad mouth them, but hating because you couldn't make a deal seems different to me. The car is worth what someone is will to pay for it, fortunately you were smart and walked on a bad deal. Hope you get the car you want, it's Winter so be patient and get exactly what you want and don't settle.

Last edited:

topless10th

Established Member
If they tried to screw you on an order you made I can see why you would bad mouth them, but hating because you couldn't make a deal seems different to me. The car is worth what someone is will to pay for it, fortunately you were smart and walked on a bad deal. Hope you get the car you want, it's Winter so be patient and get exactly what you want and don't settle.

so... you are ok with the bs they were spewing? no need to lie to offer a deal. name your price is fair, just don't spew bs, IMO.

5.0 guy

Established Member
so... you are ok with the bs they were spewing? no need to lie to offer a deal. name your price is fair, just don't spew bs, IMO.

Do you work there? Because how do you know they are lying?? Sounds like another misinformed dealer that doesn't know their product they sell which is different then being a liar. My dealer here didn't know crap about my car but got an allocation when I told them in Nov 2011 I wanted one as soon as the order blanks opened. They sold to be for MSRP and never asked for a deposit. They didn't know much either but doesn't make them dirtballs. So to your dumb question, No I do not support dirty dealers but I don't see evidence here that the dealer is dirty other then misinformed.

03outlaw

Established Member
Damn, that's crazy I grew up just a few miles away in Union. Rusty Eck Ford in Wichita pulls the same shit. Even after they promised me a year ago that they would sell to me at MSRP. Then their story changed. They did the same thing to me with my 03. So I went to KC an bout my 03 and ordered my 13 in Topeka. Rusty Eck has one on the show room now and last I heard they want about $80k for it. I drove mine up last week an made sure they knew I just bought it.

topless10th

Established Member
Do you work there? Because how do you know they are lying?? Sounds like another misinformed dealer that doesn't know their product they sell which is different then being a liar. My dealer here didn't know crap about my car but got an allocation when I told them in Nov 2011 I wanted one as soon as the order blanks opened. They sold to be for MSRP and never asked for a deposit. They didn't know much either but doesn't make them dirtballs. So to your dumb question, No I do not support dirty dealers but I don't see evidence here that the dealer is dirty other then misinformed.

if you don't know it, don't say it. ha ha !

Last edited:

nate

Established Member
I've been patient. I've been saving and planning for a shelby since the 07's came out. :) that is why I have a 14 on order and don't mind waiting till next spring for a car. And I'm not hating because I couldn't get a deal, since I already have a deal in place. It's frustrating that some dealers will pull this crap on people that don't know about sites like this one to research the cars they want. Also, I wasn't searching out a deal. I was upfront with the salesman that I have an order for a 14 at msrp, but he was convinced he could make me an offer that I couldn't refuse on their car. But for some reason they think their car at $75,000 was a better deal than msrp. So either they think I was lying about my deal, or that I am an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread