Another Corvette Kill

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Went out to a 5 star restuarant with my wife, daughter and son-in-law for their anniversary tonight. We took the Marauder due to the room in the car had a great dinner and went home. Going over the Cape Coral Bridge just after the toll booth, a C-5 Vette with nice wheels and afermarket exhaust blew by me on the bridge as we both came out of the tool booth. I didn't see him initially as we were all talking in the car. I just drove along and we both turned onto Del Prado Blvd. He wanted to play, but there was too much traffic.

The traffic eased up and we both pulled up to a light. My wife was screaming at me not to race this guy, my daughter and son-in-law were laughting and said go for it. The light turned green, he hammered it, I hammered it and I smoked him real bad. My son-in-law rolled down the window as did my wife at the next light to show him, yes there were four adults in the car. I told him the car was not stock and he said he knew because he could hear the supercharger. All he kept saying was unreal, absolutely unreal shaking his head. :thumbsup:

You all know there is some serious pleasure in that for a full size car with four adults to smoke a C-5 Vette with one 20 something kid by himself in the car. But he respected the Marauder, gave me thumbs up, still shaking his head. My wife was giving me the typical business, but she did admit after some questioning that it was quite a thrill. She is learning, slow but learning. How can you possibly resist not going for it, win or lose. At the other website with a post like this, I would get responses on how it was wrong to do that etc etc etc. But come on, how many of you wouldn't have done the same thing. :lol: You know that guy will be talking this night up to his friends.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
I had a C5 tailgate me once in Central Jersey...

I was probably in as much rush as he was so I decided to push it a little and we both went to about 120mph with him following close behind me.

Then he pretty much blew my doors off, as I'm sitting there, tooling along at 120mph with my exterior mirrors vibrating in the wind, he passed me like I was standing still.

Corvettes are cool.

--Russ

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I've seen a total of four vettes now in my rearview mirror. It did take me a lot of $, but I still relish in that fact.

Did you immediately beat him off the line or was it a little up the RPM range Tom?

Keep up the good work!

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
I've seen a total of four vettes now in my rearview mirror. It did take me a lot of $, but I still relish in that fact.

Did you immediately beat him off the line or was it a little up the RPM range Tom?

Keep up the good work!

I did beat him right off the line. In fact, I even forgot to shut off the traction control. Maybe the added weight in the back seat helped.. He did smoke his tires as well. I had a pretty impressive hole shot and it was over from the beginning. I only hit second gear for a few seconds and had to shut it down. I had him for at least two car lengths. Well I had to break in the brand new tires sooner or later.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
I had a C5 tailgate me once in Central Jersey...

I was probably in as much rush as he was so I decided to push it a little and we both went to about 120mph with him following close behind me.

Then he pretty much blew my doors off, as I'm sitting there, tooling along at 120mph with my exterior mirrors vibrating in the wind, he passed me like I was standing still.

Corvettes are cool.

--Russ

Yes, Vettes are cool. And around here there are a lot of 500+RWHP Vettes driving around, that are seriously capable of smoking my car all day long.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
My latest butt kicking was to a Mercedes. On the way over to Claudes house this Saturday I had a white Mercedes come up to me, pull along side and want to go. I am not sure what class it was but it looked like one of the high end 4 door sedans, not the crappy looking ones.

I raced the car twice on I-75 across the alley. The car was fast, but not as fast as mine. I blew it away both times. The second time we went we were side by side at 100 mph and we both kicked it. Even at 100 MPH my car pulls like it was at a dead stop, the thing kicked in and pulled hard up over 130 MPH. It still had more and I let off it. The Mercedes was a dog at about 120 MPH with no oooomph left at all. Thats what the owner gets for spending 70K plus on a foreign car.

The Wraith

Established Member
Vette killin

Vette killin seems to be a fun sport .Today i raced an orange convert that looked at me with that *** i got a vette and you don't have a chance look.(don't get me wrong i love the car just not most of the people who drive them)Well needless to say after he was beat he would'nt even give a thumbs up or a look over..But his buddy in a mustang behind him sure did..i know it had the regular corvette front and the big rear end with the exhaust in the middle and it surely looked new..i don't vettes to well..just thought i would post this since it seemed to be the right place for it..

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Run of the mill vettes are not even a challenge, and I know of 2 people now who have beat Z06's, one who had 2 passengers even..... :shrug:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Run of the mill vettes are not even a challenge, and I know of 2 people now who have beat Z06's, one who had 2 passengers even..... :shrug:

Mercedes, Vettes or whatever. :rockon: They are all fun to beat and the look on their faces is worth it all :thumbsup:

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
I was in HwyCruiser's car when he smoked a vet off the line in Detroit. He had his drag radials on his Marauder at the time and it was just all kinds of insane thrust. Most impressive, indeed. :rockon:

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Cool. My inlaws live in Cape Coral, I may be driving my MM down there this new years!

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
The Wraith said:
Vette killin seems to be a fun sport .Today i raced an orange convert that looked at me with that *** i got a vette and you don't have a chance look.(don't get me wrong i love the car just not most of the people who drive them)Well needless to say after he was beat he would'nt even give a thumbs up or a look over..But his buddy in a mustang behind him sure did..i know it had the regular corvette front and the big rear end with the exhaust in the middle and it surely looked new..i don't vettes to well..just thought i would post this since it seemed to be the right place for it..

...and your on the "break-in" tune. That car is going to be nuts!

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
I love hearing these stories! I hope one day to own a Marauder myself. My friends girlfriend's dad has a 2004 silver one. Absolutely insane, been for a ride in it, love at first sight for me!

The Wraith

Established Member
vicmaster said:
I love hearing these stories! I hope one day to own a Marauder myself. My friends girlfriend's dad has a 2004 silver one. Absolutely insane, been for a ride in it, love at first sight for me!
Hey vic yours don't look shaby either there budd.Is that all the mods it has or your just not telling us..

Black Justin

Established Member
maraudernkc said:
:burnout: Tom, I would have had to do the same thing. Another Vette kill!

Hey man, dont know much about MM's, just swung through here, but the engine on that thing looks sssiiiiccckkk. How much power are you puttin down and what's done to it? Where about in KC are you from? Nice ride bro! :rockon:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
00 Aggie said:
Cool. My inlaws live in Cape Coral, I may be driving my MM down there this new years!

Let me know when you come down here. We can hook up and work out meeting with the othetr S/C's Marauders here in South Florida and have a glass of ice tea :D .

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Users who are viewing this thread