Annoying Terminator drivers....

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Ilke2gofst said:
Look I am 19 years old and I get that shit all the time. Oh let me guess your "daddy" payed for that. Actually me working 60 hour weeks pays for that, car and health insurance, as well as gas. Don't assume until you kno that facts

You ain't done enough time on your own yet kid...you are still probably living with your parents, you don't have a mortgage, you don't pay for gas, electricity, water, garbage, fire and police service, you don't pay real-estate taxes, cable or satellite service, you don't pay for raising kids, and the list can go on and on and on. And living with your friends certainly doesn't mean you are independent either. So don't give me any shit about paying for your car and fuel and insurance because that's just chump-change considering everything I listed out.

So you are still a wannabe with absolutely no credibility.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Don't Stereo type 03 Owners. I love Fox bodies. I have much respect for them and:

DSCN0319.jpg

DSCN0323.jpg

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0353.jpg

0d205d62.jpg

03Complete002.jpg

NikkiVT.jpg

We do all the work ourselves.

Last edited:

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
CobraMan69 said:
to start off i love foxes and would own one if i had the time to build it but i like my termy because its simple and with hardly anytime and not to much money i can have it running low 11s so it fits my lifestyle better i know its not the fastest but for what you spend on them its worth it imop but please dont say im just some whiney kid with money casue i dont im a ford mechanic and 21 and i bought the car myself

Amen brother, i'm the same way, i pay for my cobra and never had n e thing handed to me, unlike all my other friends who have stangs also that were completely paid for by mommy and daddy from day 1, to me i think its better to pay for ur own things than to have it handed to u cuz u'll treasure it even more cuz u kno ur working ur ass off to have like i am, so in the end makes me look better cuz it wasnt handed to me and i'm taking the responsibility to pay for it and whatever gets done to it, so far i've done all the work myself to my Terminator including putting a KB on myself, L/T headers and all my exhaust, lowering spings and more, KB and headers scared me but hell u live and u learn, i dont hate on the foxes i like them also and would be great to have to rebuild, especially a fox cobra.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
You ain't done enough time on your own yet kid...you are still probably living with your parents, you don't have a mortgage, you don't pay for gas, electricity, water, garbage, fire and police service, you don't pay real-estate taxes, cable or satellite service, you don't pay for raising kids, and the list can go on and on and on. And living with your friends certainly doesn't mean you are independent either. So don't give me any shit about paying for your car and fuel and insurance because that's just chump-change considering everything I listed out.

So you are still a wannabe with absolutely no credibility.
Who gives a shit what he has to pay for, Really none of anyones business.If someone has a nice car give them props.Wannabe what:shrug: Get a life:kaboom:

JKD

Banned
I apologize if any of you were offended. I didnt mean to lump together a whole group of people. I know it came out that way, but it was not intended that way.

To me, it just seems that the 03/04 Cobra's have attracted another type of car guy. Bolt on a pulley and all of the sudden it's the end all to be all.

It's true, the Terminator is a great package from the start. After a few mods alot of them all seem to be the same car, just different colors. And because they all seem to do the same mods there really seems to be less "individuality" in them. I'm having a hard time explaining this, but hopefully you get my meaning.

My rant was after being irritated with some North Dallas brats that don't even make their own payments on their cars let alone work on their own cars.

We'l soon find out what a 500+rwhp FOX will do to a Terminator. Who knows, I could be wrong and still lose to some of these Steggy powered Terminators. Here in Dallas it seems that everyone has a Steggy powered car if not a Whipple'd/KB car.

Maybe, I'm just getting old and being stubborn about the new generation coming in. MAYBE they are right, my pushrod dinosaur technology is a thing of the past and they are the way of the future.

But I'm going down swinging!! :-D :rockon:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I love Terminators but if you've got a 500+rwhp Fox that weighs in at 3300 pounds you're gonna spank the hell out of most terminators. It takes a Terminator alot more power to beat a Vette due to the weight differences. I'd say a Term would need another 60-70 to the tire to run the same time as a Fox.

If I slapped a 150-shot on my car it would run mid to low 10s easy. You don't see a bunch of Terminators pulling low 10s. Even the guys with 570rwhp are pulling 11s. A Fox needs only a built motor 306, suspension, and sticky tires to run 11s. Throw in a 331/347 or stroked 351 + a power adder and tens are easy. You don't see too many Terminators in the 10s and certainly not beyond the high 10s.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
1bad04cobra said:
Who gives a shit what he has to pay for, Really none of anyones business.If someone has a nice car give them props.Wannabe what:shrug: Get a life:kaboom:

Blow it out your ass...I stated my opinion...you don't like it then don't read it...it is as simple as that. :burn:

Last edited:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I cant stand the attitudes I get from Fox body guys all the time. Its not you guys, its just the ones I see around florida. They automatically group me into this stereotype that I defintely do not fit.

1. I bought this thing when I was 20, by myself, without a penny from anyone. The world has changed, im so sick of people assuming if your under 30, it must be mommy and daddy. There are plenty of people by 20 years old can reasonably afford a terminator without any assistance, it just takes motivation to suceed.

Age means very little, in regards to driving skill or maturity. I meet plenty of 30/40 something dickheads in foxes/new edges/term that seem to think because they didnt make enough money to own a terminator in their youth (for whatever reason, family first guys, I support that) or dont want one that they have some right to talk down to me because of my choice to own one pre age 25? Well I guess if any of those guys could beat me in the 1/4 maybe id give it a second thought. However, I usually find the ones doing the talking like that, have very little car to back it up with. The guys with the real ponies are the ones im in the pits with swapping kill stories and launch strats with.

2. No I dont think my basic bolt-on cobra is the baddest car in the world by far, however, bolt-on fox bodys arent either. Ill be the first one to give respect to you pushrod guys, thats how I grew up, I love the pushrod motor, and the power it can create. Foxes make some sick drag cars too. However a bolton Terminator is a hell of alot faster than 90% of the foxes/new edges out there. That doesnt make us better, but I wish everyone would stop dumping on us.

3. I wanted something modern, with a warranty, because I drive this 03 upwards of 29,000 miles a year. My time as a business owner is valuble, and its easier for me to have a dealer mechanic fix this things demons than spend the time to do it myself. Could I? Yes I could, but I dont have many of the tools required to work on this thing, such as the device that holds the valves, or the pulley puller. That and the fact that owning your own IT crisis response business means your on the go like 24/7 sending employees around everywhere, I dont have 6 hours to sit screwing with it.

Ive noticed a serious attitude lately from the other generations of mustangs toward terminator owners, and its not something I appreciate. I show everyone who deserves it respect, I would expect the same.

Sorry I needed to Vent too. Id kill to have a decent fox shell. Id tub that baby, put a cage in it, and run it on the street with a Novi 2000 attached to it. Nothing like a fox to do wheelstands at stoplights, that really catches peoples attention.

In regards to an above post a few up, yeah you only need to throw in.. a whole new motor and a power adder to get into the 10s. We can go 9s on the stock motor without ever going below the intake manifold. Thats with a 6 cd changer and AC. Sure you can do it cheaper in a fox, and I think they make better drag cars by far, but dont under estimate what a terminator is capable of in relatively stock motor form (just change the power adder and suspension (probably the rear too while your at it, but eh people can do 9s on IRS)

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
Blow it out your ass...I stated my opinion...you don't like it then don't read it...it is as simple as that. :burn:
It's how you stated your opinion. This isn't smackdown so ease up. And if you don't like that then you can find another site to post on. It is as simple as that.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
03DOHC said:
It's how you stated your opinion. This isn't smackdown so ease up. And if you don't like that then you can find another site to post on. It is as simple as that.

Oh but it is OK for him to make his remark about "who gives a shit"? Applying a double standard here aren't we now?

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
In regards to an above post a few up, yeah you only need to throw in.. a whole new motor and a power adder to get into the 10s. We can go 9s on the stock motor without ever going below the intake manifold. Thats with a 6 cd changer and AC. Sure you can do it cheaper in a fox, and I think they make better drag cars by far, but dont under estimate what a terminator is capable of in relatively stock motor form (just change the power adder and suspension (probably the rear too while your at it, but eh people can do 9s on IRS)

I agree with your post up until the above point. The vast majority of Terminators never run faster than the 11s with a smaller number in the high-10s with up to 650 rwhp. A Fox with those power levels will run deep in the 10s and maybe touch into the 9s. They take a helluva lot more work to get there but for me I'm already starting with a h/c/i 347, solid rear, and 500 lbs less weight. I throw a little gas on my car and it's 'see ya' later Terminator'. Changing the rear in a Terminator is a pretty major modification and throwing on a Whipple is pretty pricey. For the same money you can likely have a solid 9 second Fox.

I think we can both agree that a heavily modded Fox has poor driveability and poor creature comforts. It's a trade-off with the cars: one has a great powertrain to start with but excessive weight, the other is lightweight and has a better rear for drag racing but much less powertrain. I like having both:beer:

ubnsmkd03

Established Member
PJM99 said:
I don't like the people that think they are better than everyone else. You don't get that with just Terminator owners though. You get that with anyone. Guys with Cobras, Camaros, Civics, etc........

excatly

BLK_03

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
Oh but it is OK for him to make his remark about "who gives a shit"? Applying a double standard here aren't we now?

An admin has created zero double standard here.

You made a boat load of assumptions about the guy:
- you are still probably living with your parents
- you don't have a mortgage
- you don't pay for gas, electricity, water, garbage, fire and police service
- you don't pay real-estate taxes cable or satellite service
- you don't pay for raising kids

You have no idea who this guy is. You don't know his situation or what he pays for. And in the end, it means nothing anyway. Who the hell cares how he got what he has???

Your post came across as confrontational, gruff, and just plain rude. That's why the admin stepped in.

P.S. I'm ALWAYS checking ebay for a clean, black, low mileage, unmolested 93 Cobra to get my mits on. It's where it all began for me as well. Then it's a 93 L and then 03L!!! Gonna have an SVT dedicated stable!

JKD

Banned
Tampa03cobra said:

Don't take this as a personal attack on you, but this is kind of what I am talking about here.

This is what I don't like about Terminators, they lack of thought into the combo, the lack of personal work/effort , and total lack of individuality.

For what is suppose to be a "limited production vehicle" they seem to be everywhere and they all have the same mods. I can go to a SVT meeting and I will be the only FOX body Cobra there 99% of the time.

I still think Terminators are cool cars, TO ME, they just don't seem to have the hot rod feel to them.

Just my opinion.

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
Settle down dudes! :D

We ALL wear the blue oval.

I own a built up 90GT & 97 Cobra and previously owned a 03 10th ann which I sold. All three cars had their plus and minuses. I love all three just the same.

I think some of you guys forget we're all in the same camp. FORD CAMP!

How someone pays for or builds their car is irrelevant. :thumbsup: Everyone has there own way of owning and modifying Mustangs. We're (I hate to say this :lol: ) almost like Harley owners. Everyone owns something a little different. I never had another Ford owner come up to me and say anything bad. Always complements.

Get off the rant already and enjoy what you own. I give props to all Mustang owners. The old & wise has said to me when I was young... "If you don't have anything good to say about someone don't say anything" .... unless of course you want to tear into a Chevy owner. :lol:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
BLK_03 said:
An admin has created zero double standard here.

You made a boat load of assumptions about the guy:
- you are still probably living with your parents
- you don't have a mortgage
- you don't pay for gas, electricity, water, garbage, fire and police service
- you don't pay real-estate taxes cable or satellite service
- you don't pay for raising kids

You have no idea who this guy is. You don't know his situation or what he pays for. And in the end, it means nothing anyway. Who the hell cares how he got what he has???

Your post came across as confrontational, gruff, and just plain rude. That's why the admin stepped in.

P.S. I'm ALWAYS checking ebay for a clean, black, low mileage, unmolested 93 Cobra to get my mits on. It's where it all began for me as well. Then it's a 93 L and then 03L!!! Gonna have an SVT dedicated stable!

Fine you have your opinion and I have mine. I really don't care either way.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
I think we can both agree that a heavily modded Fox has poor driveability and poor creature comforts. It's a trade-off with the cars: one has a great powertrain to start with but excessive weight, the other is lightweight and has a better rear for drag racing but much less powertrain. I like having both:beer:

I agree with you completely. I couldnt have said it better :beer:

Each is a trade off, both with their positives however. I think we can all also agree that assholes come in all car types, not just terminators.

I envy the hell out of you, id love to have both :rockon:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
JKD said:
Don't take this as a personal attack on you, but this is kind of what I am talking about here.

This is what I don't like about Terminators, they lack of thought into the combo, the lack of personal work/effort , and total lack of individuality.

For what is suppose to be a "limited production vehicle" they seem to be everywhere and they all have the same mods. I can go to a SVT meeting and I will be the only FOX body Cobra there 99% of the time.

I still think Terminators are cool cars, TO ME, they just don't seem to have the hot rod feel to them.

Just my opinion.

We actually have similar feelings.

I am pretty sad that you cant really do unique things to these. They dont really respond to Head/cams. There are tons of unique combos you can come up with in the pushrod scene, but in our case, its rather limited to applying a different power adder. So is the nature of a car that is already pretty much as good as it can get as far as heads/cams can go, unless you want to spend money that could probably buy you a nice clean fox.

However I will say, there are plenty of people who own terminators that do just as much or more "personal work/effort" than fox owners or anyone for that matter. Hermann, of Hp by Hermann is someone who comes to mind.

My personal accomplishment is time slips. :shrug: I just dont have the spare time to screw with putting on boltons, I know I could do it, but in my case, my time is more valuble than this tedious and not very challenging work,.... Now if I was redoing the heads, or adding a cam (or cams in my case :cryying: ) I probably would be more into working on it. To each his own here.

I wanted a sports car when I bought this, not a hotrod. Thats why I bought a $37,999 msrp car (Vert). I need something that is fast, and has a few small creature comforts, and a modern look. To each his own you know? If I wanted a hotrod, id build a big block mopar (which im in the process of doing hehe. 440 A body duster!)

Last edited:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
I like 93 and 03-04's equally...i've owned both....and will have another 93!!

They are light and small and simple....those cars meant alot to me back in the day...and they still do now...my simple 93 cobra had ported gt-40 aluminum heads, a very mild cam and a vortech s-trim with 12 lbs. of pump gas boost...it ran 11:30's on nitto street raidials at 127 plus mph.....the cobra did simular times with a pulley swap and tune and exhaust....both have great potential!! Enjoy them both!! Here is a few picture of my old 93....i'll have another no doubt!!:beer:

Teal93

I have had a expereince with terminator owners to. Every time I see one at the track I try to talk to the terminator owners and I usualy get a cocky attitude from them. All I want to know is what they got done to there cars. because I realy want to buy one and I would like to know what mods work the best for the money. Only one time that I talked to a terminator owner that he was real nice. and It was a 10th ann. convert with twin turbos and answered all my questions without a atitude. Also had a 95 lightning and the new ones would always pick on me until I put a 175shot of gas and I started walking every lightning that picked on me even the modded ones. They all learned real quick when I hit the button. But I am not saying every terminator owner is a rich little punk.
That is all

Users who are viewing this thread