Android Market > Apple App Store

03snakenvtn

Established Member
My girlfriend got an Ipad 2 this morning, and I was browsing the market seeing what was new, and came to the conclusion that I like the Android Market far more than the App Store. Almost every app that I got free in the Android Market, were several dollars in the App Store. Take Angry Birds, which is a favorite of millions now probably, is free in the Android Market. Even the Angry Birds Seasonal is free. In the App Store, they're $5 and $2 I believe respectively. The story is the same on other apps as well. So what's the deal? How come in every review I see of the iphone vs. "whatever the latest and greatest is" that the Apple App Store seals the deal for the Apple win? Do people just love paying money for stuff millions of people can get free? I found that most decent apps for Apple were between $2-10. For Android, the higher end of quality apps is around $3, although obviously you can find higher if you try, but you really have to try. Sure, Android Market doesn't quite have the "polished" look that Apple is known for, but seriously guys. And if the app isn't free in the Android Market, sometimes you can find it free on a forum straight from the developer. That's how cool these guys are. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I like playing SNES and GBA games on my phone. Which brings me to my question, any good games to play?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Apple can't help it that developers are trying to make a buck by charging for it in the Apple App store vs the Android.

Jailbreak it and get them for free.

444,607 current apps in the Apple store
250,000 in the Android store.

txyaloo

Established Member
Angry Birds is free on the Android app store because it's ad supported. If you want to remove the ads, you have to pay. A lot of developers have gone to this model on Android because it's extremely easy to sideload apps for free. You don't have to root, jailbreak, or do anything other than click one option in the phone's settings.

The quality of apps in the Apple store are for the most part better than Android apps.

Planter

Banned
love my HTC Droid Incredible and all the apps, but the one thing that drives me nuts is how you have to use Advanced Task Killer to kill apps you don't want to be open, but that open on there own. drains the hell out of my battery.

other than that, no complaints Android > Iphone.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
I have the HTC EVO and i love the android market, for all the apps I have I only paid for 1 and it was .99 cents. I cant stand the iphone but thats my 2cents

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Angry Birds is free on the Android app store because it's ad supported. If you want to remove the ads, you have to pay. A lot of developers have gone to this model on Android because it's extremely easy to sideload apps for free. You don't have to root, jailbreak, or do anything other than click one option in the phone's settings.

The quality of apps in the Apple store are for the most part better than Android apps.

Without being rooted, this would be the case, but when you root you can get rid of all the ads. And you might say, "but I don't want to root, I don't wanna mess up my phone." It's as easy as a download of an app, then 1 click and you're rooted, and voila, ads gone. And all the ad supported apps no longer have ads.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Without being rooted, this would be the case, but when you root you can get rid of all the ads. And you might say, "but I don't want to root, I don't wanna mess up my phone." It's as easy as a download of an app, then 1 click and you're rooted, and voila, ads gone. And all the ad supported apps no longer have ads.

thats why i will never own another apple product... :) love my droid and not looking back.. i like having a keyboard.. and its easier to hack and have fun... its a linux based phone...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Hmmm, that's interesting because I have to say that the apps I have on my Incredible overall work better than the same ones I used to have on my iPhone 3. Maybe things have changed over the last year when I last used an iPhone. Back then I often had to uninstall apps on my iPhone because they were buggy. I rarely have that problem on my Incredible.

wjk

Established Member
Apps are overrated in general. I'm not sure I've found a game on my IPhone that could rival Snake on my old Nokia brick 10yrs ago.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Apps are overrated in general. I'm not sure I've found a game on my IPhone that could rival Snake on my old Nokia brick 10yrs ago.

Couldn't agree more. Every once in awhile I'll browse through the app market and every time find myself wondering what the big deal is about "apps"

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I got angry birds for free.....

Then again that was a year ago before it started to get popular and they started charging for it.

Users who are viewing this thread