And now for some blower comedy...................

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
[ame=http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266650]Engine tries to explode after M112 - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®[/ame]

1.gif

2-1.gif

Just had to share with the FI crowd.
Poss epic thread material.

Last edited:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
On the "build" thread, he says he is having one made from metal eventually.
But he did start it like that. :shrug:
I can see fabricating from unusual materials for fitment, but wow.

5.gif

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
Wut.. ?!

So he has no throttle and wonders why it races as soon as he starts it... wow...

SpdPilot

Established Member
Those pictures are going to be web classics some day and the dude should delete asap.

But if you read what he is doing in the thread, it is not as bad as it looks. Read further and you can see the intake the guy made. Pretty sweet. He did it on CAD system and then machined it. He is an engineer and pvc intake was to get him down the road to a welder so he could finsh is aluminum tubes.

Like many engineers I know who do this type of thing, they just don't get how stupid some of this makes them look. Kind of like posting up pics on a dating site of your picker with sores on it to show everyone it really is 12 inches. I think they miss the point.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Those pictures are going to be web classics some day and the dude should delete asap.

But if you read what he is doing in the thread, it is not as bad as it looks. Read further and you can see the intake the guy made. Pretty sweet. He did it on CAD system and then machined it. He is an engineer and pvc intake was to get him down the road to a welder so he could finsh is aluminum tubes.

Like many engineers I know who do this type of thing, they just don't get how stupid some of this makes them look. Kind of like posting up pics on a dating site of your picker with sores on it to show everyone it really is 12 inches. I think they miss the point.

Agreed, but he should not have started it,
and he obviously does not understand EEC, or basic engine functions.
Heck, my project car I made an upper intake from presswood and hot glue,
but I didn't even think of starting it. (Never crossed my mind)
It was for fitment and component location only.
It was then fabbed in Aluminum.

Edit:
The SECOND guy did his on Cad in a Mustang, and that one is pretty impressive.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I know his mockup may look a bit hokey, but I don't know why anyone would bag on the guy for using pvc for the air intake, when that is exactly how JLT makes there RAI, and CAI!:??: Essentially, most of the JLT intakes (except the CF versions) that everyone on this site thinks are the cat's meow, are just 45deg. rubber pipe couplings and pvc pipe from Home Depot with a nice paint job.

Users who are viewing this thread