amsoil or redline diff fluid 75w140

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
was planning to order redline but my napa dealer has this sad little dusty amsoil section back in the corner that contains 3 qts of 75w140.

so fanboys aside... go with the cheapest, right?

sonic cobra

Established Member
I use amsoil severe gear 75w140 in my terminator cobra. First with stock diff and then with Torsen T2R About 6 years now. two or three track days/year. no diff cooler, it has never boiled over on track. change it out every other year just to be safe. no problems

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My owners manual says 75w140. We must have different cars.

We do have different cars. I apologize for not noticing that in your signature last night. :??:

Based on another check of the Amsoil site, 75W-140 is the viscosity they recommend for your application. That said, Amsoil and Redline both offer excellent product lines. I'm partial to Amsoil, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I use amsoil severe gear 75w140 in my terminator cobra. First with stock diff and then with Torsen T2R About 6 years now. two or three track days/year. no diff cooler, it has never boiled over on track. change it out every other year just to be safe. no problems

DITTO only with Royal Purple Max Gear 75W-140 and a Detroit TrueTrac instead of the T2R diff, still running the same fluid from the day of the diff swap.(2006)

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks, everyone. I'll buy the amsoil if there's negligible price difference.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Both are excellent, flip a coin. It's definitely a case where you should go with the cheaper option.

vortecd

Established Member
I have always used Redline 75w90 in my 8.8's. I have no idea why Ford says 75w140 for the new 5.0's but it is still an 8.8 rear. I bought Redline 75w90 for mine. If it works fine in a 9 second fox, it will be fine in a '13 coyote

Users who are viewing this thread