amsoil 0w-30

N20JUNKY

Established Member
Going to be doing an oil change on the cobra I just picked up and was recommended to me to use amsoil's azo 0w-30 along with their filter. How many here run this in their cobra? Mine has 45k miles on it and is a DD with bolt ons. Going to run amsoil atf in the trans and some of their gear oil when I swap to the FRPP cover/FTBR bushings.

X3FBrian

Established Member
chiming in, I'm tired of paying 100$ for royal purple oil changes. I hear Rotella is great for these cars.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I just got my Cobra in september and just changed the oil before storage in the fall I got Amsoil 5W-30 I heard good things about 0W-30 but was still aprehensive. Buy there prefered customer membership and you can get there products at a nice price.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Go checkout the Greasy Spoon section or PM UnleashedBeast. Im currently running the Signature Series 0w-30 from Amsoil and have nothing bad to say about it. I put it in the car when I first bought it last year and the car has been running great.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I've been running Sig. Series 0w-30 for two seasons now. Seems to be no problems. Before I ran R.P. XPR, it was 5w-30, but I wanted a straight weight since I don't run the car in the winter. Last I looked no ow-30 XPR.

Last edited:

sonic cobra

Established Member
I've been running Amsoil 0W30 since the car was new. Also use their ATF in the tranny and their severe gear oil in the Torsen T2r. Absolutely no issues and gives me great piece of mind after i thrash on it at track events.
Preferred customer pricing, makes it all reasonably affordable.
Good luck with your new Cobra

Tractionless1

Established Member
Tested 0W-30 with 1200 miles on it and 1 yr. in the pan. Blackstone basically said, "why did you send us new oil?" I've since switched to Rotella as I'm now running E85 and the diesel additive package is beneficial when running said fuel. As for ATF, get the Amsoil Torqdrive, it shifts better than their std. ATF and I've tried both.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I hear Rotella is great for these cars.

I love Rotella T6 Synthetic 5W-40.

Have run it in a ton of super sport bikes and motorcross bikes and a few cars.

I just ran it in the Cobra and in my opinion it was too thick of an oil. I was running 0W-20 Mobil 1, but according to many people its no longer a real full synthetic.

So I changed from the Rotella Synthetic 5W-40 to Royal Purple 5W-20 and immediately noticed a seat of the pants improvement. Nothing wrong with Rotella, I just think its too thick of an oil for the Terminators.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Tested 0W-30 with 1200 miles on it and 1 yr. in the pan. Blackstone basically said, "why did you send us new oil?" I've since switched to Rotella as I'm now running E85 and the diesel additive package is beneficial when running said fuel. As for ATF, get the Amsoil Torqdrive, it shifts better than their std. ATF and I've tried both.

Why do you need to run Diesel engine oils with e85?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You don't live in an extremely cold climate, no need to run a 0w. I'd go for a 5-10w.

chiming in, I'm tired of paying 100$ for royal purple oil changes. I hear Rotella is great for these cars.

Rotella is an ok oil, but there are far better choices. How are you spending $100 on 6 qrts of oil and a filter? XPR?

Users who are viewing this thread