AMS-1000 electronic boost controller....

TRBO VNM

yeah, most guys have heard of them and they are very very good. but of course, everyone will say this is the best or that is the best.

the best is the one that operates how you want it and has the features you want and that it operates without fail. all of them out there have some of the same features and some have different or additional features. you need to figure out which fits your needs.

I like the blitz and do not think for my needs a more expensive one is needed. there are cheaper ones out there than the blitz because it is kinda pricey as well, but I don't like how you operate them.

if you have other turbo people around you, see if you can check out their controllers.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Yea my builder told me that the AMS is the best on the market right now. You don't even need the 1000, the 500 is suitable for most applications.

Ninesecsnake

Boost Addict
Established Member
I currently use an ams 1000 and it kicks ass. It allows my small tire car to get down the track by ramping boost in based on multiple variables. If a single stage boost controller is what your looking for there are many cheaper options, even though both the ams 500 and 1000 with do single stage also.

Greg@RET

Established Member
Best controller by far. Like stated above it helps put a small tire to the ground.

TTBEAST

Established Member
Could someone post pics of where they mounted their AMS and what the screen looks like at night? I would like a good looking boost controller as well as one that functions to my needs.

TRBO VNM

I was at an import shop yesterday using their dyno for a dyno day with jon lund. the guy has custom brackets made for the AMS1000. he also raved about it. so I told jon I may consider getting one and will have to learn how to use it. he said he already knows how from some other cars and really likes it as well. so I may do the ams500. I have some time to think about it.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I was at an import shop yesterday using their dyno for a dyno day with jon lund. the guy has custom brackets made for the AMS1000. he also raved about it. so I told jon I may consider getting one and will have to learn how to use it. he said he already knows how from some other cars and really likes it as well. so I may do the ams500. I have some time to think about it.

sweet. definately follow up with pics and your opinion about it if you get one. If that controller is able to keep it from spinning in 1st and 2nd then it may be worth the price...

TRBO VNM

yeah, we will see. I priced it out yesterday and getting a good deal on it since I am helping that shop out with mustang parts. I will end up with the 1000. I don't like not having a display.

Ninesecsnake

Boost Addict
Established Member
Could someone post pics of where they mounted their AMS and what the screen looks like at night? I would like a good looking boost controller as well as one that functions to my needs.

Here is a picture of mine mounted, I will get a night picture later this weekend.
351443849.jpg

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
wanted to bring this post back to life...want to see what the dealy is now with this controller...also, anyone heard the release date and price on the AMS-2000? Is that one windows based as opposed to the LCD display controlled.... and I didnt see anything posed about CO2 with the use of this controller....

I am finishing my TT cobra project and am need of a controller...was told this is the route I needed to go...

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
They say they are the best you can use and think of it this way. Once you get it you will never have to purchase another one. Here is hte pics of hte one in my 03 Cobra:
001-5.jpg

006.jpg

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
sweet bro, think I saw this pic on yellowbullet....

but I cannot register on that site to check it out...administrators disabled registration on that site for some reason....

was admiring your hidden location....looks pretty good...

what is your setup??

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
I'm trying to figure out if you can do boost by speed with the ams 1000. The gm guys have a module made by lingenfelter do we have one to work with cobras?

Users who are viewing this thread