American Muscle WILLING to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFive.0

Established Member
Customer for over 10 years. Forgestar wheels that are 6 months old on a garage kept car. Front Driver side wheel bends. No damage to Tire/Rim. Supposed LifeTime Structural Warranty. Denied. Thanks Tony at AmericanMuscle for the great customer service you provided me and telling me "I must have hit something". I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

**UPDATE** AM has offered a resolution to the OP.

BlackFive.0

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427819620.114718.jpg

BlackFive.0

Established Member
These are forged wheels. If I hit something that intense I would have known. This car is not a daily driver either. No one drives my car except myself

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You must not read all the AM threads where they go above and beyond to help the customer. One of the best in customer service.

I don't work at AM, but I have bought parts from them in the past and always had good luck.

Am I blind, I don't see where the wheel is bent?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As Have I. Until this. Look on the top almost dead center

So one poor experience after 10 years of being a customer and you're going to jump ship? Why not call Forgestar? Obviously AM didn't manufacture the wheels.

BlackFive.0

Established Member
They should stand behind what they sell. Why should the customer have to do the back channel work? What type of "service" to the client would that be?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They should stand behind what they sell. Why should the customer have to do the back channel work? What type of "service" to the client would that be?

Oh brother.

I understand your frustration but c'mon, you'd rather make a thread on a forum complaining about a middle man company, rather than picking up the phone to see if you can get it resolved? If it were me, I would've already called Forgestar and I wouldn't start a thread until they told me they couldn't/wouldn't help me.

BlackFive.0

Established Member
American Muscle Unwilling to help.

I was offered no help. I would not call a discount on a new wheel help. Rather an insult. I work in customer service as well. I know the difference between someone abusing the system and not. Further I was told the structural warranty doesn't cover structural bends based on the discretion of the supervisor. What good is it then?

sono

Established Member
Of course he hit something. Who drives on perfect roads. Every slight indention at 60-80mph is like hitting something. That's what the warranty is for. Easy way to tell if it's abuse is paint loss. If these rims were on a jeep you wouldn't think twice. Lifetime structural is a bold claim on a rim. Don't stick it on there if you cant back it up.

Somebody hook this guy up please.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
So you're saying that rim just bent like that with normal driving, and what's that yellow circle like mark above the bend?

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
I was offered no help. I would not call a discount on a new wheel help. Rather an insult. I work in customer service as well. I know the difference between someone abusing the system and not. Further I was told the structural warranty doesn't cover structural bends based on the discretion of the supervisor. What good is it then?

I'm the product manager at a manufacturer and I prefer end users call us. If our product fails I don't see why the warehouse selling that particular unit is responsible.
I usually say if you want a refund, call the seller. If you want a replacement due to defect call the MFG.

(Unless AM is offering some type of extended coverage the MFG doesn't guarantee, which to me seems odd)

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you're saying that rim just bent like that with normal driving, and what's that yellow circle like mark above the bend?

I assumed that was just one of those paint circles on a tire.

I'm the product manager at a manufacturer and I prefer end users call us. If our product fails I don't see why the warehouse selling that particular unit is responsible.
I usually say if you want a refund, call the seller. If you want a replacement due to defect call the MFG.

+1,000,000.

BlackFive.0

Established Member
That is a paint circle. It's on both tires. This has just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll try my luck with Forgestar

Jabooh1

Established Member
The yellow circle is probably the dot that is put on the tires at manufacturing. I believe mine had them when they were new till it fades away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread