American Muscle Wheels = FAIL

QuikHD

Established Member
Just got my new wheels from American Muscle. I guess I got what I paid for, a cheap wheel.

The OEM SVT center caps will not fit in thier wheels, they told me this on the phone after I got my wheels and tried to put them in. They couldnt mention this on their website? They offered to send me a set of center caps on their site free of charge so I wouldnt have to pimp their business on my car. Sorry, not really interested in a "GT" or "DOHC" pep boys style center cap. I wanted these to look somewhat OEM.

I should also mention that the chrome quality sucks! The face and lip of the wheel have a very nice finish, the insides of the spokes.....not so much.

My summery of these wheels.......If you want a decent replacement of a screwed up set of OEM wheels and dont have much money get these! If you are looking for a good quality wheel with a show quality finish (they claim a show quality finish) keep looking!

End of my rant. Thanks for listening.

Franchi

Established Member
KNowing AM customer service, I'm sure you could call them and return for a refund if not happy. Unless you already installed it.

QuikHD

Established Member
Cap too big or small?

Slightly too big. Not sure if it would catch the lip in the inside of the wheel either. Their cap looks like it has deeper prongs.

Here are some pics of the chrome quality.

d3b65dc6.jpg

54225a8f.jpg

f9f3437c.jpg

QuikHD

Established Member
KNowing AM customer service, I'm sure you could call them and return for a refund if not happy. Unless you already installed it.

Yeah, about that. Got a little excited and threw them on the car, sat back to admire my new wheels and started noticing the blems. I should have stopped as soon as the center caps didnt fit!

mach1033

Established Member
Unfortunately you do get what u pay for. I plan on getting a custom set of rims from either True Forged or CCW.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
yes!! this happened exactly to my 18in saleen wheel i bought. the center cap on the wheel is slightly larger. i had to modify the center cap.

Alberts03cobra

Established Member
I thought I was the only one with issues with AM. Got some FR500 and got lil excited put them on and started to Notice issues with the way the quality the rim is.. Oh well.. Got what I paid for..

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I thought I was the only one with issues with AM. Got some FR500 and got lil excited put them on and started to Notice issues with the way the quality the rim is.. Oh well.. Got what I paid for..

What was wrong with the fr500s?

bomrrman84

Established Member
i got my center caps to fit just fine, you just have to push them in pretty firm with your hand. they wont snap in but they will definitely stay put. ive launched and gone at highway speeds and still have mine in tight. don't know what to tell you about the chrome quality though, sorry.

Kish4life

Established Member
I'm sorry guys. I bought the Bullitt rims from AM and I love them. I think they look fantastic. However, I would do anything for a set of CCW's. =D

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
There are some AM reps on the forum, shoot them a message and I'm sure they could get things in order for you.

Users who are viewing this thread