American Muscle car show, who's going?

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
AM doesn't "haul in" money from the show bro, its all for charity. They donate the proceeds to one of the Wounder Warrior programs, specifically Homes for our Troops. Last year they donated $15,000 to the program and still managed to give away I'd bet about $10,000 worth of products, prizes and gifts.
It's not a profiting venture for them, so be careful how you word things and create perceptions. Surely you have the right to exclude yourself from the event and your entitled to your opinion on how its run, but its not fair to create the perception that AM is making money off of this show while somehow not putting on a money's worth event.

I am well aware of the charity they are running. I am all for it 100% especially since I have family in the military. I was talking about how their business in general hauls in major money from sales of their products. They could of at least spiced it up better than giving out cheap mugs. Plus get actual judges to keep things somewhat fair. I went to a car show last year run by a small car club in a Starbucks parking lot and I won an actual trophy stating what category and place I came in. Trust me when I say I am not alone regarding the negative reaction.

Aside from that. Sweet ride buddy! Those cars look great in white. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GoatSlayer

Banned
Im registered and definately going.

97 stang. Im also from the newark de region.. pm me we can cruise up

Anyone from SE pa/DE/MD area wanna cruise up? Shoot me a PM

Bill

PS. CJ Pony Parts Customer Appreciation Day Show is the day before.. Im probably gonna go

Count me in. I am in Bear DE:beer:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I am well aware of the charity they are running. I am all for it 100% especially since I have family in the military. I was talking about how their business in general hauls in major money from sales of their products. They could of at least spiced it up better than giving out cheap mugs. Plus get actual judges to keep things somewhat fair. I went to a car show last year run by a small car club in a Starbucks parking lot and I won an actual trophy stating what category and place I came in. Trust me when I say I am not alone regarding the negative reaction.

Aside from that. Sweet ride buddy! Those cars look great in white. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm a sucker for a white car. This is my 3rd white mustang in the last 5 years... LOL I've been pondering removing the stripes, but I'm on the fence.

tdcalhoun89

_
Established Member
I'm going and meeting a bunch of guys I know from another forum. My car is NOT car show quality, but I figured it was for a good cause, you get a t-shirt too so... They organize you how you arrive, so if you want to have your car next to your buddies, you better get there with him.

mustangsel

Established Member
Im with blk03. I went last year and I was not to happy about how it went down. I understand it was the 2nd show and they are still new to it but a lot of things I feel just were not right.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Me and a buddy are coming up from Va. Beach, VA to check it out, figured it would be worth an overnight hotel stay and coming home Sunday night. I'm not going into the show expecting to be absolutely blown away by what I'm going to see, would just like some good weather and a fun atmosphere.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
AM show is ok. I prefer the CJ pony parts show myself. Like another member mentioned, the voting system is not fair at all. I will be there but not with the Cobra.

2002stanggt

Established Member
I'll be going up from Plymouth meeting, If my car is fixed by then (got keyed) Body shop can't do anything till Monday

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yea, last year they had a few booths with parts for sale and they also had a booth with computers set up so that you could order whatever you wanted using the show only coupon code.

Users who are viewing this thread