American Muscle car show, who's going?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
August 14th at Delaware County Community College in Media, PA. if you want more details, check out the American Muscle section of the Forum. Its for a very good cause.

I'm registered and in. If you missed the last two, your missing a great time. Last year was a HUGE turn out and a ton of fun.
So I figured if we could get some locals together to cruise up together it would be that much cooler.

I'm heading out from Gloucester County so if anyone wants to meet up and roll, let's get something together. I figure the South Jersey crew could meet up at the Deptford Mall or somewhere on the way to the bridge. I think the Benny is the best way over the pond to get to Media, so we could meet up somewhere in Pennsauken or cherry hill.

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
I am still deciding if I am going to attend or not. I went last year. It was fun, lot of people.. but I was a little unimpressed by the quality of the cars in the show.

snaking

Established Member
i am going close to home media pa. 8/5/2011 needed stuff from home depot drove 2 miles car stopped dead . no warning lamps on had it towed to old shop where i worked charge battery vat test needs alternator . good thing i have life time warranty on it.put new one on friday after noon 13.92 volts i will make the show .good thing social security pay sucks.

Last edited:

bwahl602

Established Member
Im coming from the south side of Philly (SE corner of the state...anyone coming from my end?)

Im probably not allowed to park with the C.O.B.R.A.S ...... lol :loser:

kbrier

Established Member
Cobras?

LOL ... was worried I would not be able to park next to the Mach1s. Hope to see you at the show. Kent :coolman:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm coming from South Jersey, so the SE side of PA is basically in my backyard. I can take the Whitman and we can meet up in the Citizens Bank lot. They have a 1:35 home game that day, so it might start to get congested earlier then usual, but we should be long gone by the time that happens. That or somewhere near the Franklin. Just let me know what's better.

Also make sure you guys put SVT Performance in the "car club" section of your registration so we can all be put together.

97StangSVT

Established Member
I will probably be going to this. I will be leaving around the Elkton, MD - Newark, DE area. Anyone else leaving from around here?

djervin

Established Member
I am pretty sure we are going, went last year and it was good. Anyone from the area of York want to head out together? Maybe anyone south? Shoot me a pm, we will end up there either way.

bwahl602

Established Member
Im registered and definately going.

97 stang. Im also from the newark de region.. pm me we can cruise up

Anyone from SE pa/DE/MD area wanna cruise up? Shoot me a PM

Bill

PS. CJ Pony Parts Customer Appreciation Day Show is the day before.. Im probably gonna go

bwahl602

Established Member
Are we parking where ever? I havent been to AM shows? They seperate the cars by classes?

Or should be all go in as a group?

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I love mustang events, but man did last year's AM show disappoint me. :nonono: There are no judges just people voting which is LAME. Then the trophies were these cheap ass glass mugs that no matter what place you got was indistinguishable. For the money AM hauls in I thought it was a big let down. Some of the cars that won shouldn't have based on so many other better cars. People work hard and put money into their cars. To be outdone by others with barely anything done to them based on biased voting is wrong. I guess you guys can tell I am most likely not attending. :-D

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
AM doesn't "haul in" money from the show bro, its all for charity. They donate the proceeds to one of the Wounder Warrior programs, specifically Homes for our Troops. Last year they donated $15,000 to the program and still managed to give away I'd bet about $10,000 worth of products, prizes and gifts.
It's not a profiting venture for them, so be careful how you word things and create perceptions. Surely you have the right to exclude yourself from the event and your entitled to your opinion on how its run, but its not fair to create the perception that AM is making money off of this show while somehow not putting on a money's worth event.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Are we parking where ever? I havent been to AM shows? They seperate the cars by classes?

Or should be all go in as a group?

Usually they try to keep car clubs and groups together. Last year they put all of the clubs together at the back of the fairgrounds and then all of the individuals up in front of the fairgrounds by the entrance / road. It worked out really well.
As for classes, I don't know what they have planned for this one. Last year, everyone was kind of lumped together but this year they have a much bigger venue so they may end up splitting things up by group. Either way, if you put on your registration that your "car club" is SVTPerformance.com, they will make every effort to keep us altogether.

bwahl602

Established Member
Registration hours will be from 9 AM - 11 AM on August 14. This year, vehicles will be parked as they arrive, so if you'd like to be parked with your club or friends, please plan to arrive at the same time.

This is from my registration email... I didnt name SVTP When I registered... So it sounds like it totally depends when you arrive

Users who are viewing this thread