amazon tune, should I dyno

heywaitfourme

Established Member
So this year I decided to go back to the eaton. The first two mail order tunes I had gotten from amazon have been right on, with only VERY minor tweaks made. This was on my whipple and the first pull on their tune put down 603, and thats what I stuck with. Now that I'm back with the eaton and another amazon tune, should I dyno it, or can I wait until I get the spray, then get it dyno'd? I do intend to take the car on a nice 1000 mile vacation trip.

suggestions? I want to get it dynoed but with work the way it is.....it's going to be VERY hard. On the other side....this is my third tune from them, and the first two only needed a degree of timing pulled.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
maybe I'll just buy myself a nice wideband and do a street tune, datalog and just email it to amazon. The freakin dyno is 3 hours away, and I don't want to take a day off work to do that.

Satyr

Established Member
I was wondering about this, too.
I'm not sure where the closest GOOD tuner to me is, but it has to be at least 2+ hours away and with school and work, it makes it very difficult to find a whole free day.

Are the mail-order tunes really that well done? Is it simply a hook up and go type thing if you have a wideband to check A/F? I'm not too knowledgeable in the tuning department, but can manage to rear air-fuel ratios okay, haha. Sorry for the hijack but I guess this pertains.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
they are "that well done" if you use a reputable tuner with lots of knowledge and experience but you should still be checked out on your end to make sure it is functioning properly in the vehicle.. you could have mechanical issues that are preventing it from working the way it should

best to get it checked out with either a wide band of your own or go to a dyno shop

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What Linn said. And I'm glad you're springing for a wideband. Very smart investment IMO. Oh, by the way, I used an Amazon tune on my old Cobra. It was spot on perfect.

black 10th vert

Established Member
If you have a Wideband Commander (which I recently ordered), is that enough information to check the Amazon tune with, if there isn't a locally available dyno? If so, this would be the perfect route for me, and once I get the rest of my mods collected, I'll just buy a pre-loaded tuner from Amazon.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
yes that is suffient..Rick needs AF and datalogs to triangulate and adjust the parameters for an optimal tune..

he can also do a remote virtual tuning session with you..he would be actually tuning your vehicel from where you are from SC by you providing data and AF and he sends you a revised program,reload and retry until issues are worked out..we charge $250 to do that

Last edited:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I've done this with amazon once before, except I was on a dyno. The tune was SPOT on and rick was just a GREAT guy to work with. I will never let anyone else work with the tune on my car. Amazon is simply the best I've found, and I've had my car tuned 5 times, by 3 different people, and after my AMAZON experience, I'll never go anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread