Amazon Racing Shocks

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
It's a problem that occurs when you lower the car. Lowering the car changes the front-end geometry. Here's a link.

http://www.steeda.com/PR/Mustang/bumpsteer/bumpsteer.htm

There was also a good article on it in the one of the recent 5.0 Mustang mags. Cant remember which issue though.

Anyways, this sort of thing is what I'm worried about when one starts making changes to the suspension. I'm ok with changing the shocks, but more leary about lowering the car as that can have side effects such as bump steer.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I want to get the AZR shocks, and since lowering it also helps, I would like to get the springs also. However, I do not like the idea of completely lowering my car 1.5", so my question is...Can they be adjusted if I wanted to..say...only lower it 1"?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
If I recall correctly, that 5.0 Mustang article I mentioned stated that 1.5" was sort of a limit on how low you can lower a mustang. I wish I could remember the issue so I could check.

mustangtaz seems to be an expert on suspension issues. Perhaps he can answer these questions.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
OK...found that article on bump steer. It's in the March issue of 5.0 Mustang, p. 145. They do claim 1.5" as the point of diminishing returns for lowering on a Mustang. After that point, they say ride and handling suffer.

BlownCobra

Established Member
I have the Amazon shocks, but have not installed them yet. I did do the KB bushings for the 3 member support. This did help some, which is why I did not install the shocks yet. My Shocks were also delivered in the soft position. Take note of how yours are delivered.

Has anyone tried the QA1's and if so what are your experiences?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by BlownCobra
I have the Amazon shocks, but have not installed them yet. I did do the KB bushings for the 3 member support. This did help some, which is why I did not install the shocks yet. My Shocks were also delivered in the soft position. Take note of how yours are delivered.

Has anyone tried the QA1's and if so what are your experiences?

How is the ride feel?

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
I thought I read somewhere that AZR was coming out with a set of springs that would only lower 1" for those who don't want that much drop.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
The 1" drop springs are coming soon. As far as bump steer we like the double adjustable MM or FFRP camber caster plates. The are one in the same. I gald the shocks solved your problem. I have a waiting list for these and my car keeps getting put on the back burner. It hops real bad. :??:

Rick

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
shock kits......

rick and i tried ALL the aftermarket shocks out there and NONE of them did what we wanted.......they ALL still hopped more than i would have liked, so we started making our own after testing over 13 different valvings!!!!! :mj: The spring kits were made to complement the stage 1 shock kits, and in addition, we found the hop was totally gone in most cases.....and the people that still had some hop, found it was greatly reduced, even with just the stage one shocks. We have not had any reports back from people who have the stage 1 and the stage 2 spring kits saying they have ANY hop at all.......including me on my vert....:beer: Our irs pinion support bushing kit and irs cradle kit bushings further reduce squirm in the rear suspension, adding to a predictable, yet not too firm ride, remember, we didn't set out to build products for strictly track racers, we wanted to make a wonderful mustang, the best one EVER made even better on the street!:beer: Thanks for all the complements on the products...hermann and rick:lol:

BlownCobra

Established Member
The ride, after I installed the bushings went unchanged. It did reduce some of the hop. However I am convinced that the bushings alone will not solve the problem. I have the AR shocks which are ready to be installed, with all this snow in the NE I have not had the chance. I believe I paid 450.00 for them. I did not buy the bushing from AR, I bought them before Rick and Herman came out with there set up. Mine are from Kenny Brown. They were $50, and a bitch to install.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
I am sure glad we don't get any of that snow......Warm weather, just to much rain lately..........I wonder if it rained this much before or do I notice it now that I can't get to the track......

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by chillfactor
I am sure glad we don't get any of that snow......Warm weather, just to much rain lately..........I wonder if it rained this much before or do I notice it now that I can't get to the track......

It is only raining Friday through Sunday each week. ;-)

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Yea, and this weekend we have the Lightning show and the 03 Cobra meet........not to mention the track will be closed.

Bingo13

Established Member
Re: shock kits......

Originally posted by hpbyhermann
rick and i tried ALL the aftermarket shocks out there and NONE of them did what we wanted....... Thanks for all the complements on the products...hermann and rick:lol:

Hermann,

Did you try the Y2K Cobra "R" shocks and springs? I tried a set of the rear shocks (springs already installed) while waiting on the AR shocks (already tested and worked great) and no wheel hop this evening (could just be the warmer weather). I absolutely killed a pesky SS from a stop tonight. I was so shocked that I almost forgot to shift into second. ;-)

Last edited:

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
AmazonRacing - Any idea on when these 1" springs will be available. Not rushing...lol...I'm in desperate need of the shocks and have heard many good things about them, so keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread