Am I wrong? Stock Terminator times?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Come on guys, let's be truthful to ourselves. Forget what the mags say or the magz run for times.... How many (if anyone) has ever run even close to a 12.4 with a stock cobra....? I am guessing no one. Part of that might be due to the fact that no one keeps it stock long enough to bring it there. :banana:

I am gonna say realistic times are 12.8+. Just my opinion.

David
12.8's is about right IMO.

tommygun

Established Member
I went 12.76 bone stock with heavier wheels then factory with a 2.0 60ft. I later got those same wheels and tires to go 1.85, now if I had that 1.85 on that 12.76 pass then yes it would have been possible to go into the 12.40s. Takes the right track and launch and you theoriticiy can do the the times

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
CobraBob said:
But if you read the posts above you'll see that people are only saying it is "capable" of 12.4. Which it is. But 99.9% of owners will probably not get better than a 12.5-12.6 totally stock. I think the point is that it is possible. Which means someone claiming they did it wouldn't necessarily be talking B.S.

Bob,

I never said it was not possible. I am looking at it from a realistic point of view. That being said, most (99.9%) of the people driving these cars can not and will not produce a 12.4 stock. Is it physically possible, sure... Just not by the average human operator. :-D

I look at it like the lottery, do you have a chance of winning? Sure you do, will you ever win - most likely not.

Enjoy
David

sckcobra

Established Member
i highly doubt a new zo6 will kill a ported upper lower terminator. especially from a dig if the driver can drive. i am certainly not implying that the terminator would walk the new Z either. i am thinkin the new Z will hit 11.50's at best out of the gate, most likely high 11's. i think that an eaton ported is gonna pull him just a bit, (if the guy can drive)

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
12.4 seems a little fast for a stock cobra, but if you had a good 60', 12.5-12.6 is very possible. As I ran 12.7 with a 2.1 60'. A 1.9' would of been a 12.50

Users who are viewing this thread