Am I the only one that...

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 1993RedSnake
Mine was a daily driver for four years while I paid it off. It has a little over 100K on it now. Mostly highway. I live about 2 hours from my parents and then girlfriend. I drove to my hometown almost everyweekend. I have since gotten married and retired the Cobra to weekend use only.:thumbsup:

Thats probably what will happen with me. I love those cars too much to get rid of them.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I agree w/ 2, 5, 6, & 8.

As far as the wheels flaking, I had mine refinished at a body shop 3 years ago. Look just like they did originally. You guys do know that there is a paint code for them, right?

Lee

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I don't have it with me, but when I get back in town (going to FFW in Commerce) I will hit the body shop up that did mine.

Lee

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Cool! I would like to have that paint code also. I have a buddy with a body shop that could hook me up. Did they just sand blast the wheels and repaint them? How did they get the old paint off? I don't know if a sand blaster would damage them or not. Anyone know???

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LEE93COBRA
I agree w/ 2, 5, 6, & 8.

As far as the wheels flaking, I had mine refinished at a body shop 3 years ago. Look just like they did originally. You guys do know that there is a paint code for them, right?

Lee

Hey Lee, any luck on acquiring that paint code? I need to have my wheels refinished. Thanks!!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Sorry guys...I know this took way tooo long to get but my body man had a bike wreck about the time I first posted the paint code issue.:??:

Anyhow here it is. This is the PPG code (cross referrenced from the Ford code):

DBC33896...This is the silver 'base' paint. Regular clear cost goes over it. This code is for the PPg brand paint.

Again, sorry it took so long:nonono:

Lee

Badblackbolt

Established Member
Wheel color....

Quick question. Does that paint code that Lee93 listed have the metallic already in it? Or does the body shop have to add it? Just curious.

Thanks
Bryan

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yep, it is complete with the metallic in it. It is a basecoat color, so if you are refinishing your wheels, you need to add the clearcoat to it.

I just use it as is and it works just fine. It has so much metallic that it is shiny even without applying clearcoat to it...

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
Used mine as a daily driver for 2 years, was then able to get a beater car for work.

Mine doesn't see a lot of miles each year, but most all of them aren't easy miles :burnout: :thumbsup:

exactly! i just wish i could get this thing back in a garage :nonono: :(

scootro

Established Member
thats me---------------Spends 10 minutes circling any parking lot, looking for the "perfect" parking place?

CO9B3RA

Established Member
The best way is by media blasting...stay away from the sand as it pits the
metal!! Within the last year I had my in-restoration '66 A fb Mustang media
stripped with walnut shells....great job w/o the pitting! Plastic beads are also
used with no pitting.

Previous posts show interest in the SVO's. Was I ever glad to find a well
taken care of original Oxford white some 10 years ago. I definately don't beat
it but of my 5 Mustang "herd", it is the MOST precise, roadable horse. I must
admit, tho, that my '93 Cobra is my all-around favorite. :beer:
:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread