Am I the only one that...

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Am I the only one that...

- Cringes at the thought of having to get new tires put on, going so far as to remove the original grey valve stem caps so the tire guys don't lose or bust one of them, and then also remove the center caps as well, all before I even leave home?

- Has wheel weights mounted on the inside lip of the rim only?

- Has flaking paint on the original rims, with no way to stop it?

- Checks the weather report days in advance to driving, to make sure there is not inclement weather in the area?

- Has a spare set of new in the box, original floor mats that will probably never be used unless you drive barefoot?

- Has almost every single original part taken off the car, in storage above the garage, taking up all kinds of space?

- Has a 93 Cobra model car that will probably never be built, but are so glad you were able to find one?

- Spends 10 minutes circling any parking lot, looking for the "perfect" parking place?

- Keeps a copy of a book about Ford EEC Fuel Injection in the bathroom for some light reading? :read:

:shrug:

Anyone else got any additions?

DOHCtor_C

Established Member
Yes to 1, 4, 5, 6, and 8.
The last really dumb thing like this I did was I got really bored during the last snow storm and I ended up polishing the FMS Alum. Driveshaft I had sitting around.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by DOHCtor_C
I ended up polishing the FMS Alum. Driveshaft I had sitting around.

:bash:
and I thought I was the only one to think of doing something like that (if I ever get around to buying my FMS alum. driveshaft, it's at the top of the list). :loser:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I agree with all of them except #1. I wish there was something that I could do about those stupid wheels chipping their paint. I guess I lost my original gray valve stem covers. Maybe I can find some somewhere.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I am sure everyone on here does it, but I have to mention it,

Spends hours polishing the stainless steel tailpipes (as far back as they go)

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Well, i used mine as a daily driver and i know all of you will say that thats why it was stolen, but with my next one i will use it as a daily driver. I dont see the point in owning such an awesome car and only puting 5000 miles on it in 10 years. Dont get me wrong, i did take very good care of that car, but she did see rain (and i think she enjoyed it too).

Lee

Established Member
The solution to paint peeling on the wheels is to either polish them or powder coat. I chose powder coating.

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
i actually washed the undercarriage of mine yesterday, ruined a perfectly good pure gold t-shirt laying on the ground in the water to do it, should have changed first!!!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk 93 Snake
Well, i used mine as a daily driver and i know all of you will say that thats why it was stolen, but with my next one i will use it as a daily driver. I dont see the point in owning such an awesome car and only puting 5000 miles on it in 10 years. Dont get me wrong, i did take very good care of that car, but she did see rain (and i think she enjoyed it too).

Used mine as a daily driver for 2 years, was then able to get a beater car for work.

Mine doesn't see a lot of miles each year, but most all of them aren't easy miles :burnout: :thumbsup:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Mine was a daily driver for four years while I paid it off. It has a little over 100K on it now. Mostly highway. I live about 2 hours from my parents and then girlfriend. I drove to my hometown almost everyweekend. I have since gotten married and retired the Cobra to weekend use only.:thumbsup:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by Lee
The solution to paint peeling on the wheels is to either polish them or powder coat. I chose powder coating.

How much does it normally cost to powdercoat? Does it look the same as stock?

Black93Cobra

Established Member
No, you are not alone..I thought I was the only one, maybe we should form a support group...:D Seriously, I am equally as fanatical about my '93, I love my car!!

Lee

Established Member
Hey RedSnake: It cost me $50 per wheel to have them powder coated locally. The wheels were vat stripped, powder coated, and baked. Makes a really hard finish. The color I chose is slightly darker than stock, that doesn't show the brake dust as much. No more pealing or chipping problems and they're easy to clean. I have two other sets of 93 wheels and I'm considering powder coating one set black, since it's also peeling. The other set is new and I'll leave them alone.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Hey Cobra228, I'll be there but the car won't (sob). I was detailing the undercarriage over the winter and just didn't get finished. Are you going to the Southern Centennial celebration?

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
southern cent. havent heard of it, what is it. its supposed to rain so mine will probably stay in the garage. Ill be out searching for an SVO for sale.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread