Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
It is your car - mod or unmod as you want. :beer:

:lol1:..and what does your high horspower car run in the qtr?

i didnt know we bought our cars to only take them on a drag strip!

i guess we should all just switch over to an auto, sra, and get a 2 gallon fuel cell!

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Whether or not you are crazy is a matter of opinion. I have one of each and will not swap either one. the GENERAL feeling is that solids are better for dragstrips and IRS is better for road course stuff. There are plenty of people on both sides of the argument however.

Actually, the SRA is indeed better than the Cobra IRS Everyone is under the belief that the IRS is a better road racing setup. The IRS in the mustangs is nowhere near what it could have been, its not even close to as good as the IRS setups in lets say the porsches. Griggs Racing mustang cobra uses a solid axle, because its way better than the IRS once you upgrade everything on it.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i didnt know we bought our cars to only take them on a drag strip!

i guess we should all just switch over to an auto, sra, and get a 2 gallon fuel cell!

well how else are you going to show how the car performs?? just because you have 635hp doesnt mean its fast....

Steve2050

Established Member
To each his own but my car will keep its IRS because it's a cruiser. Some guys are going into the 9's with these cars and IRS makes no sense at that level.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
so why did you add a KB?

i live about 140 miles away from the closest drag strip. if i wanted a fast car for the track i would have bought a one! not saying my car isn't fast, it can hold its own.

im not putting an auto and a straight axle so i can get good time slips the 2 times a year i get down to the track! i live in wisconsin and only have a limited time to drive my car let alone get to a track a few hours away. living so far away i dont think i want to turn my car into a track whore.

i bought my kb because i wanted to, and becasue i love having a fast street car. if i lived 3 miles away from a drag strip i might have gone a different route. i have lots of money in my car... if i wanted a expensive drag car i could have done that. but there is no point trying to make your car the fastest car, because it will never happen. there will always be someone faster, someone with more horse power, and yes someone with a better little white ticket that says how fast you are at the track!

and for the record with the right bushings, rims and tires a irs cobra is no joke!

im not "dissing" your auto, or straight axle cobras... i think its cool. just dont think time slips are everything.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i live about 140 miles away from the closest drag strip. if i wanted a fast car for the track i would have bought a one! not saying my car isn't fast, it can hold its own.

im not putting an auto and a straight axle so i can get good time slips the 2 times a year i get down to the track! i live in wisconsin and only have a limited time to drive my car let alone get to a track a few hours away. living so far away i dont think i want to turn my car into a track whore.

i bought my kb because i wanted to, and becasue i love having a fast street car. if i lived 3 miles away from a drag strip i might have gone a different route. i have lots of money in my car... if i wanted a expensive drag car i could have done that. but there is no point trying to make your car the fastest car, because it will never happen. there will always be someone faster, someone with more horse power, and yes someone with a better little white ticket that says how fast you are at the track!

and for the record with the right bushings, rims and tires a irs cobra is no joke!

im not "dissing" your auto, or straight axle cobras... i think its cool. just dont think time slips are everything.

did I say anything about an auto?

im not saying time slips are everything...I guess I just dont see why people dont want to know how their car ACTUALLY performs and if they can handle it. anyone can roll race....I know a couple 650-750hp cars that run my times with the same 60's. i dunno...dyno numbers dont mean anything imo.

I guess Id just rather say I have a 10 sec car than say I have 600hp. to each their own.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
IRS All the Way!:banana:

I dont care for the Solid unless its a track only car or something

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I'm running a 9 inch axle. I'm into drag racing, that's why. "slap" in the 4:36 gears and hit the strip, it's that easy. As far as what your car can "actually" do. Well, drag racing and road racing are two different animals. One may be harder on certain parts than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread