Am I a new member of the BMC?

Blazeone

Established Member
Plugs look fine, no lose of coolant, and exhaust in coolant tester showed negative. Shop will be doing a compression and leak down test on Monday.

This is a video at idle of bubbles coming up in the engine radiator circuit tank.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU0oBj9dwLg"]Hum? - YouTube[/nomedia]

Blazeone

Established Member
19lbs with 100% C16 with 10.7 afr. Pulled 784rwhp SAE corrected @ 6900rpm last week. KB 2.8LC with 3.25" upper and IW 10% lower.

I've heard heads gaskets normally don't go on these engines, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Might of been that 6900 pull.... That's pretty high for your pulley combo...

Is the block stock?

bull3441

Established Member
19lbs with 100% C16 with 10.7 afr. Pulled 784rwhp SAE corrected @ 6900rpm last week. KB 2.8LC with 3.25" upper and IW 10% lower.

any flashing cel? sorry to hear brother.

Blazeone

Established Member
Might of been that 6900 pull.... That's pretty high for your pulley combo...

Is the block stock?

Stock block and yes at 6900 we were prolly pushing 21-22psi but really no that high for these engines. Pretty of injector and fuel. But you never know. I normally don't run it that high.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
That's way to high for that block especially with that amount of boost.

I'm surprised you didn't find a hole somewhere

bull3441

Established Member

i dropped my car off this Thursday at L&M for my build. they had 7 GT500's there with popped motors and building a few to be shipped. they are swamped. they've seen blown head gaskets. when i asked what they thought the safe limit was on the stock block, the answer was 500whp. . Michael felt 15-16psi was the max for the stock block as well. hope for the best brother.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
How does it run? Whats the oil look like? U sure its not just pushing trapped air pockets out? Did you do anything with the coolant recently? IF exhaust is getting in the coolant system I would think the coolant would be coming out the tails and a plug would be wet. I know pushing these things past 6500 is hard on them. I wouldn't think it would let go on the dyno. A dyno doesn't put the same stress on the engine as a pass down the track or a run down the highway.

Last edited:

MattR

Established Member
i dropped my car off this Thursday at L&M for my build. they had 7 GT500's there with popped motors and building a few to be shipped. they are swamped. they've seen blown head gaskets. when i asked what they thought the safe limit was on the stock block, the answer was 500whp. . Michael felt 15-16psi was the max for the stock block as well. hope for the best brother.

500rwhp?????? That's not much more than stock.

Blazeone

Established Member
How does it run? Whats the oil look like? U sure its not just pushing trapped air pockets out? Did you do anything with the coolant recently? IF exhaust is getting in the coolant system I would think the coolant would be coming out the tails and a plug would be wet. I know pushing these things past 6500 is hard on them. I wouldn't think it would let go on the dyno. A dyno doesn't put the same stress on the engine as a pass down the track or a run down the highway.

Oil looks fine, no milk. I ran it last night at the track and made three passes. I shift at 6300-6500rpm. Only one semi-clean pass where I ran it thru the traps. It trapped 129mph which is about where it's been trapping with my gearing setup and my slow ass shifting.

Hell I drove it 30 miles back home last night and it drove BUT I checked the boost at wot in 3rd and got 15psi which is wrong it normally pulls 19. Now you can put all that together and assume BMC but I could also have a kink or hole in my boost gage tube.

Drove it another 20 miles to the shop this afternoon and there it awaits the tests.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
Nope and no over heating or anything, tests will tell for sure.
so are you basing the potential motor damage off of the air in the coolant? if that's it you may just've had a hiccup or a puncture in the I/C pump hose etc. a clamp could've busted on a hose. if the head gasket went you'd know, coolant smell & white smoke etc.

Blazeone

Established Member
so are you basing the potential motor damage off of the air in the coolant? if that's it you may just've had a hiccup or a puncture in the I/C pump hose etc. a clamp could've busted on a hose. if the head gasket went you'd know, coolant smell & white smoke etc.

Maybe but this is the engine cooling circuit tank not the IC circuit tank.

bull3441

Established Member
500rwhp?????? That's not much more than stock.
i know, i was like did you say 500? got the same response. engine builders and tuners think on different levels LOL. when i asked Michael what was a safe boost level on 93oct for my build, he said "better ask Lund because i will tell you 5psi" :lol1:

bull3441

Established Member
Maybe but this is the engine cooling circuit tank not the IC circuit tank.
ah missed that. do you have a stock or C&R radiator? now that you said that, i had this issue with my C&R radiator. it had cracked at the weld seams. i sent pics to Van and he stepped up big time and got it warrantied even though i never sent the warranty paperwork in after install. look for dried coolant along the seams if you have the C&R, hell even if you have a stocker. i have some pics of mine if that would help.

Blazeone

Established Member
ah missed that. do you have a stock or C&R radiator? now that you said that, i had this issue with my C&R radiator. it had cracked at the weld seams. i sent pics to Van and he stepped up big time and got it warrantied even though i never sent the warranty paperwork in after install. look for dried coolant along the seams if you have the C&R, hell even if you have a stocker. i have some pics of mine if that would help.

Stock rad. Yeah, have not checked that possibility. Rigth now I'm feeling better, just started on a pint of Dreyer's Max Drumstick ice cream LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread