Aluminum Drive shaft require tune Auto?

2012csgt

Established Member
Or you can always just air down your tires and fill them back up with fix-a-flat so you can put back in a little rotating weight if it feels like it's accelerating too fast. Just a thought.

RC-5.0

Established Member
DSS=No
Shaftmaster=Yes
Dynotech=Yes
Axle Exchange= No

Oooh, wait, you said auto? NVM. Manual requires one..Auto does not..hence the name "AUTO", it automatically corrects itself for the lower rotational mass.

RC

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Laugh all you want but when I put my DS in shortly after I blew my #8. I think it's because it enables you to rev much faster with less weight and it catches the global timing off guard... Them say goodbye #8. Make sure your tuner lowers your timing or just lower it -2 on the sct yourself. Consider yourself warned.

I hope you are just joking around.....

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Pinion Angle seems to be off. I got -3.5 on the diff and +2.5 on the driveshaft. All taken with an angle finder from the passenger side. Guess its time for a adjustable UCA.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Now I reset the pinion angle with the help of Kelly @ BMR and I still have the clunk. THen I see this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-gt-auto-steeda-cai-tune-downshift-clunk.html

Still think its not tune related? I am going to my tuner soon so he can make adjustments. Now I don't want this misconstrude as the "Driveshaft" causes the clunk. I believe the way the car is tuned (for the auto) sometimes changes with new parts, and can require a retune.

SixPak

Established Member
Well I aske dthe question because I was told by several people that I didn't however, I have it installed and on the 2-1 downshift it tends to shift down hard and clunk a bit. Its a decent jolt so I know its not good for the tranny. So since I have experienced this, it definitely begs the question of what has changed and why it does it? The tuning would be my first thought due to the easy install of the DS. If you can tune shift points, can you not fix this issue with tuning! No flame suit for me, I asked to learn. You guys realize that its ok not to know everything right?

When you downshift from 2-1, you need to rev-match with the throttle.
This is something you should get from your tuner at no charge when you update your tune that will take care of it automatically, problem solved.

:dancenana:

2003_lightning

Established Member
No it doesn't as stated. But I can see where the guys coming from. Maby the lighter ds with less rotating mass may somehow affect how the rpms climb and shift since it's easier. But no u dont

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
DSS=No
Shaftmaster=Yes
Dynotech=Yes
Axle Exchange= No

Oooh, wait, you said auto? NVM. Manual requires one..Auto does not..hence the name "AUTO", it automatically corrects itself for the lower rotational mass.

RC

Your saying a manual with the above driveshafts that say "yes" need to be re tuned? I just installed a shaft master 1 piece yesterday and the car does feel a lot more "lazy" in the lower rpms in the seat of the pants than with the stock 2 piece.

Users who are viewing this thread