Aluminator install ?

Dirk

Established Member
Did anyone have problems installing the Eaton blower, actually the lower part of it, on a Aluminator engine?

My shop told me that they had to remove the complete blower, after the installation of the new engine, because the engine wasn't running ok.
They had to remove some casting of the engine to make it work.

I don't believe that, had anyone else the same problem?

jumperjack

Established Member
Did anyone have problems installing the Eaton blower, actually the lower part of it, on a Aluminator engine?

My shop told me that they had to remove the complete blower, after the installation of the new engine, because the engine wasn't running ok.
They had to remove some casting of the engine to make it work.

I don't believe that, had anyone else the same problem?

They actually did not need to remove any casting from the motor all that needed to be done is fab up a new fitting for the pcv on the bottom of the intake. The Aluminator block does not have the valleys cast in the block as do the iron 03/04 cobras. there is more metal there to strengthen the block. It is not a difficult fix my builder went over this with me ans said he was able to use some brass fittings he had laying around the shop no big deal. If your shop actually removed some of the casting I would really be questioning that. here are a couple pics to show the difference.
mmfp_0806_alum_05_zford_racing_alum.gif
img1029co4.gif

prostkr

Established Member
The round bosses in the middle of your block have been ground off, they have to be to clear the intake. I can see it in your pics. Plug the pvc and forget about it.

jumperjack

Established Member
The round bosses in the middle of your block have been ground off, they have to be to clear the intake. I can see it in your pics. Plug the pvc and forget about it.

No that is the way the block comes. If you look closely you can see they have not been ground off. This is not my engine just a pic of an Aluminator shortblock as it comes from FRRP. There is more metal in between the bosses so no valleys.
mmfp_0806_alum_04_zford_racing_alum.gif

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
They actually did not need to remove any casting from the motor all that needed to be done is fab up a new fitting for the pcv on the bottom of the intake. The Aluminator block does not have the valleys cast in the block as do the iron 03/04 cobras. there is more metal there to strengthen the block. It is not a difficult fix my builder went over this with me ans said he was able to use some brass fittings he had laying around the shop no big deal. If your shop actually removed some of the casting I would really be questioning that. here are a couple pics to show the difference.

i dont even have that anymore, i just plugged the hole and ran the pcv to the back of the blower like it does anyways just without that extra hose from the bottom of the blower

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Sure FRPP is full of crap when they say it fits an '03-'04 Cobra! If you have to go through that BS to get the blower assy. on I'd make them foot the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread