Aluminator Engine or Custom Short Block?

CSG

Established Member
Just curious as to why not the 11:1? If it is the same with boost why not benefit from the compression. Just the fuel issue?

For me it was the fuel and my tuners recommendations. I have to run very low timing as is even with the 9.5 with my pulley and 93 octane (which I spike with Torco to help offset if I get a bad tank of fuel).

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Yes, we've been 7's on a stock crankshaft.

If you're looking to cross the 1000rwhp mark I would recommend looking into getting your block sleeved or supported (our CSS Mod).

silverbullit02

Established Member
For me it was the fuel and my tuners recommendations. I have to run very low timing as is even with the 9.5 with my pulley and 93 octane (which I spike with Torco to help offset if I get a bad tank of fuel).

What size pulley and what blower? I would like to eventually do a paxton on 93 or corn with an 11:1 aluminator. Basically a 800hp daily.

calgarybandit

Established Member
I have a 9.5.1 Aluminator and was running for part of the summer a 3.00 it's not really a daily driver from the side of longevity with a belt and high traction pulley and with a JT you cannot control the boost like a turbo so you need to run high octane gas for safety or pull a ton of timing.

silverbullit02

Established Member
I have a 9.5.1 Aluminator and was running for part of the summer a 3.00 it's not really a daily driver from the side of longevity with a belt and high traction pulley and with a JT you cannot control the boost like a turbo so you need to run high octane gas for safety or pull a ton of timing.

I would not go that aggressive. By daily driving I mean I drive maybe 5 miles to work. Hell i would most likely end up being happy with 600.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'm having Diamond custom pistons & Manley H beam rods put in my short block. As well as billet oil pump gears. I'll be running 11.25:1 comp w/ 15 to 16 pounds of boost from my Roush TVS... On E85

13 GT/CS

Established Member
If you will never want anymore than 800-900whp go with the Aluminator. And sale your motor to recoup some money. From what I have seen the problem with the Aluminator is the pistons. They are not really made for boost. I personally know of a few that the piston/ring land let go causing blow by at around 950whp. Keep it at 900whp or below & it should be fine. Go custom built if you plan on going for more. You can't beat MMR's prices but they are slow. Plenty of reviews on them to make your own mind up. If you have the money I would just go with JPC/rgr or L&M Engines. They are the top 2 builders IMO.

Just got around to reading that paragraph of a bio lol how much did your block cost if you don't mind me asking?

prn1972

Established Member
Just got around to reading that paragraph of a bio lol how much did your block cost if you don't mind me asking?

LOL...I get bored at work....Just the short block shipped was $7381.93, that's the promod 1500, thicker sleeves, upgraded to I-beams, coated pistons, arp everything

Users who are viewing this thread