Alum driveshaft

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
What brand is the best to go with, and were can you get a good price on it?

Indeed, do this mod; you'll be glad you did.

It's relatively cheap, VERY easy to install and frees up a couple horsepower. On top of all that, it looks leaps and bounds better than the stock unit.

I bought an authentic FRPP driveshaft directly from the Ford dealership. If I remember correctly, it was around $200.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Mine goes on this week. There's a huge difference already with the additions of the aluminum flywheel and the electric water pump.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Not sure about the HP? I know they say that an aluminum flywheel is like freeing up 23 HP. I have always heard that the aluminum drive shaft helps more at the track and can be worth a tenth or so in the quarter. It will definitely make your tranny feel light the first couple of times you shift it!

tbizzle

Established Member
i never noticed my shifting feeling lighter, but you will notice a difference in your car's acceleration, no doubt

i put an FRPP aluminum driveshaft and aluminum flywheel in at the same time, wow! rev's up faster, gained a few hp for sure and gives the car a good feel

JMach1

Established Member
Nope but I'm definitely in the market for one as well. I've heard that getting a billet aluminum flywheel frees up roughly 20hp. which is pretty good. I could imagine the alum driveshaft giving up 5-8 maybe? Depending on other supporting mods

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
To finish it off, don't forget the electric water pump. They're good for 15hp and there is a noticeable difference in throttle response.

Users who are viewing this thread