Alternator ???

johnnybusa

Established Member
Hey guys got a quick question for ya my alternator gave out im looking for advice on what brand to go with alot of people recommed'ed me the start 'n' charge and the motorcraft but wanted to no which one has the best warrenty also my local orielly's part store has on in stock but its one of the brands its called a ULTIMA do ya recommed it also what the stock amp of the original alternator..thanks:shrug:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I put a autozone duralast with a lifetime warranty in mine . . . no prob's at all for about a month and free replacement on it if it does have any

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
get a remanufactured from tousley, think no more new available, but go oem is prob best

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
definitely go with motorcraft.. they are kinda pricey, but steve at tousley can get you a deal.

I have sold parts from autozone and orielly both, and warrantied those damn things left and right.

johnnybusa

Established Member
Has anyone bought or are you using a PA PERFORMANCE ALTERNATOR i was looking at there website and look'ed up one for 03 cobra and 2 came out one was 6g alternator -130amp for 259.00 and the other was 6g alternator -170 amp for 349.00 tell what ya think cause i need to order one by this week ..also are this direct bolt one or do i have to grind a little..thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Has anyone bought or are you using a PA PERFORMANCE ALTERNATOR i was looking at there website and look'ed up one for 03 cobra and 2 came out one was 6g alternator -130amp for 259.00 and the other was 6g alternator -170 amp for 349.00 tell what ya think cause i need to order one by this week ..also are this direct bolt one or do i have to grind a little..thanks

Don't waste your money on a PA! Do a search and you'll find that a lot of people have had PA fail on them in short time. If you want a quality alternator, either buy a new Motorcraft replacement or buy a Start N' Charge alternator. These are the only two I recommend. Start N' Charge would be my first recommendation. Do yourself a favor and call Jamie at (509) 447-0289. You'll be impressed with his technical knowledge of alternators.

johnnybusa

Established Member
Don't waste your money on a PA! Do a search and you'll find that a lot of people have had PA fail on them in short time. If you want a quality alternator, either buy a new Motorcraft replacement or buy a Start N' Charge alternator. These are the only two I recommend. Start N' Charge would be my first recommendation. Do yourself a favor and call Jamie at (509) 447-0289. You'll be impressed with his technical knowledge of alternators.

Hey bob thanks for the respond's but all week have been calling jaime and no answer left him a couple of messages lets see if he call's. i also called my local ford dealer they want me to go over there today and they want me to take my vin cause they show 2 part numbers so wish me luck. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread