Alternator Recommendation For My 04

Smoke92

Established Member
Hey guys, I figured out the noise coming from my engine is my alt. I took the blower belt off and turned all the pulleys by hand and sure enough it was the alternator. I was wondering what alternator you guys have been having the best luck with and also if I should stick with the stock size pulley for it? Car is mostly stock, just has a 2.76 upper on it. Thanks.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
I'm on my 2nd year with my Aluminator 130a. Everything else was garbage. Stocker lasted 80k, that's why I run Ford. I have a spare new one in the box if you're interested.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Nations or Billet-Tech. There are only a few of these out being ran but they are the best IMO. If you are limited by funds try the Ford Racing unit.

Smoke92

Established Member
Well I bought the NOS Ford alt from jrgoffin. Have any of you had any charging issues with the 3.5 pulley on the stock alt? I dont have any aftermaket electrical accessoires and don't really plan on it other than a wide band and possibly an aftermarket HU.

big dad

Established Member
Well I bought the NOS Ford alt from jrgoffin. Have any of you had any charging issues with the 3.5 pulley on the stock alt? I dont have any aftermaket electrical accessoires and don't really plan on it other than a wide band and possibly an aftermarket HU.

No issues with mine, and I have a blower fan to cool it also. 14 to 14.2 volts at idle. Incidentally, I think you can still get the FRPP alt. from at least Summit or Jegs.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
No issues with mine, and I have a blower fan to cool it also. 14 to 14.2 volts at idle. Incidentally, I think you can still get the FRPP alt. from at least Summit or Jegs.

Summit: no. Jegs: still listed at $305, but chances are the site hasn't been updated and they are unavailable.

Users who are viewing this thread