Alternator Not Charging

03Hellboy

Established Member
I know yall are tired of hearing from me but 03 Cobra is having charging problems again. A couple days ago when it was snowing i went outside to start my car and when i did it started fine no hesitation which it continues to do but the right turn signal stays lit not blinking just on solid the abs ligh stays light and the traction light stays light and my alternator is not charging it is a brand new alternator just replaced it and the battery both check out fine ive checked all fuses and tried to locate a bad ground but did not find one any help please feel free to call or text me to 3347071630

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You have 2 posts, how the hell can we be tired of hearing from you?:dw:

First of all it will be helpful going forward if you give more information when you are looking for help, which you obviously are.

You stated... "my alternator is not charging it is a brand new alternator just replaced it and the battery both check out fine ive checked all fuses.."

Which is it, because it can't be both?

"my alternator is not charging it is a brand new"

OR

"both check out fine ive checked all fuses"

If it's charging what is the voltage output and at what rpms are they reading that.

If it's not charging and it's brand new, what kind of replacement alternator is it?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
OP more details.
What brand alt did you replace it with?
Many people have had major issues with the Autoparts store brands even though they come with lifetime warranty.
I went with a Ford Reman and have had 0 issues...

03Hellboy

Established Member
Sorry for the lack of detail. First off I tested my alternator that was in there it was a ford OEM Replacment from a ford dealership it lasted a year and it has a new 3.5 inch pulley. took it to autozone and they said it failed took it to orielys and advanced they said it passed but could be a diode going out when it gets hot which is causeing the missed readings. So when i got the one from autozone I had him test before and after I swapped pulleys to make sure it passed before i walked out the door which it did. I do not have the voltage read yet got a friend bring by a reader today the new alternator is a autozone reman.

Users who are viewing this thread