Altcoin Discussion

cheemabd

Established Member
Whats everyone thoughts on Cardano (ADA) ?

I too have ripple have about 700 purchased weeks ago i am doing well on that. Lost my ass on Bitcoin Cash bought it same day it hit coinbase hoping it would continue surging... but it didnt.

Have a few IOTA TRX and LTC.

Hold ADA for long run

Sent from my iPod touch using the svtperformance.com mobile app

velocicaur

Established Member
I bought into Ethereum to transfer over to the other coins. I would feel good about your two coins going forward. It will do great things.

I don't know the answer to that either but here are some basics:

Market Cap = Coin supply * coin price.

If the market cap is the same for two coins, then it's a relationship between the supply and the price. If the supply is higher for one, then the price will be lower and vice versa.

Now, Ripple was in a very similar spot only 7 months ago. It also has a huge supply (40B) and that reflects the low cost. However, we all saw what it did over the last 7-8 months:

Tron today: 5,000,000,000 = 66,000,000,000 * $.08
Ripple in May 2017: 5,000,000,000 = 40,000,000,000 * $.12.
Ripple Today: 100,000,000,000 = 40,000,000,000 * 2.50

Can a coin will high supply grow? Yes, we saw it will ripple, it went up 20x in 7 months.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I bought into Ethereum to transfer over to the other coins. I would feel good about your two coins going forward. It will do great things.

I don't know the answer to that either but here are some basics:

Market Cap = Coin supply * coin price.

If the market cap is the same for two coins, then it's a relationship between the supply and the price. If the supply is higher for one, then the price will be lower and vice versa.

Now, Ripple was in a very similar spot only 7 months ago. It also has a huge supply (40B) and that reflects the low cost. However, we all saw what it did over the last 7-8 months:

Tron today: 5,000,000,000 = 66,000,000,000 * $.08
Ripple in May 2017: 5,000,000,000 = 40,000,000,000 * $.12.
Ripple Today: 100,000,000,000 = 40,000,000,000 * 2.50

Can a coin will high supply grow? Yes, we saw it will ripple, it went up 20x in 7 months.

Thank you for the explanation. Those were details I didn't know and wasn't sure I understood fully.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I hate to admit this...but I opened a twitter account and followed a bunch of crypto guys. I would recommend you guys try it out.

velocicaur

Established Member
There are a few good youtube channels as well.

Altcoin buzz has some good insight on it and they post multiple videos a day. The followers of that website have some good insight in the comments. I would take a look at those guys too.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'm contemplating selling XRP if it hits $3, let it sit on ETH as it goes up and then get back into XRP when it drops back down some. Anyone thinking of doing the same?

96gt02

Established Member
Yes im selling my XRP around $3 as well and going into ADA and XLM as they will be the next ones to go higher in the near future

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Why not wait til XRP is added into coinbase and then sell after it jumps?

I don't want to give up XRP but I figured I could make a little money and gain some more of it by selling it this way. If it hits $3 it should go back down into the $2 some. It's just a matter of how much it will drop down. Might not make as much as hoped so it may not be worth it for me.

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't want to give up XRP but I figured I could make a little money and gain some more of it by selling it this way. If it hits $3 it should go back down into the $2 some. It's just a matter of how much it will drop down. Might not make as much as hoped so it may not be worth it for me.

with the fees you'd pay for buying / selling, and just to make 15-20% back, I wouldnt **** with it to be honest

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
with the fees you'd pay for buying / selling, and just to make 15-20% back, I wouldnt **** with it to be honest

Yeah, It's not looking like a good move anymore. If it would have hit before ETH went over $900 it would have been alright but I'm thinking ETH will slow down here soon.

96gt02

Established Member
I use BNB for my fees and have jumped in and out of several things over the past few weeks with a few thousand moving around around have spend a total of $6 in fees doing so. Fees should be the least of the your worries, I wouldn't hesitate to make a few hundred dollars and pay a few dollars in fees any time when dipping in and out

Zemedici

Established Member
I use BNB for my fees and have jumped in and out of several things over the past few weeks with a few thousand moving around around have spend a total of $6 in fees doing so. Fees should be the least of the your worries, I wouldn't hesitate to make a few hundred dollars and pay a few dollars in fees any time when dipping in and out

yes but we're talking about buying with marginal increases / decreases here

Selling at $3

Buying back in at $2.50

Unless you're buying in enormous quantity it just doesnt make sense

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
All of my coins are doing great right now. TNB was pretty low last night, I contemplated on selling when it reaches what I paid for them, now I might just hold on for longer. XRP, XLM, and TRX are all in the green today!

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
XRP, LTC, BAT will be long-term plays for me. I'm not going to play the flipping game with crypto. I am looking at the big picture with crypto, and IMO, we haven't seen anything yet.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
XRP, LTC, BAT will be long-term plays for me. I'm not going to play the flipping game with crypto. I am looking at the big picture with crypto, and IMO, we haven't seen anything yet.

Only reason I'm considering a flip is to gather more for the long run without having to fund it out of my own wallet.

Zemedici

Established Member

I'm down to ride out XRP - hoping it hits $10 by EOY, if so....oh boy

96gt02

Established Member
yes but we're talking about buying with marginal increases / decreases here

Selling at $3

Buying back in at $2.50

Unless you're buying in enormous quantity it just doesnt make sense

What your stating is a great move IMO, Your making 20% on whatever you have invested, and of course the more the better, and also log as your using Binance and BNB 50% fees, its almost fee to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread