almost went to jail today!!

SonicBeast

Established Member
so on my lunch break today i decided to drive home instead of going out and i regret it lol. on my way home a cop pulls out behind me and follows me about a mile. i turned right towards my house and he kept going straight, with loud exhaust and tints i was worried he was gonna hassle me. about 30 seconds later i look in my rear veiw and i see him again! after another half mile of following he flips on the lights and stops me. i was pretty pissed cuz i only get a half hour lunch and i wasnt speeding or anything. he comes up to the car and asks for license, proof of insurance, and my car keys. i gave him the first two but held my keys wondering why he wanted them. he says "your license is valid, your insured, and you didnt violate any driving laws, but you have a warrant out for your arrest for a truancy ticket" lmao im 22 and havent been to high school in about 5 years. i was shocked. its very likely that i got a truancy ticket but im almost positive i woulda paid it. anyways he says, im supposed to take you in and hold you for 4 days, but i think he realized how rediculous that would have been cuz he asked if i had the 172.00 on me. i said no but i can go to the atm on the corner. so he was cool enough to let me do that. went and got the money, followed him (going about 20mph over the speed limit) to the station and paid the ticket. when we got there he told me i was driving like a grandma haha. i told him i couldnt afford another ticket. after all that he told me he loved my car and that i should take the tinted covers off my license plates so nosy cops like him wont run them. nice to deal with a cop that didnt string me up when he could have and had some sympathy. makes me realize theyre not all out to get ya. on monday i gotta look into how this came back to bite me and make sure its all legit.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
Haha. Too funny. I had the same problem back in the day. I got lots of notices that if I kept it up my folks would be fined 800. Never got fined and would still miss a couple days. And then i got my shit straight. lol :pop:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Thank goodness he had some common sense. I'm glad for you that it was resolved and at least now you know for sure that there is nothing else that could creep up on you.

SonicBeast

Established Member
yea i was suspicious of the same thing at first but he didnt collect it, i never would have just given him the cash. he was a county sherriff and he took me to a local station that wasnt even where he was from because it was closest and they took the money and wrote me a receipt

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Didn't know that was against the law, you can quit school, but not miss it? Hmmmm I just got smarterer

SonicBeast

Established Member
haha i was still 17 when i graduated.if your 18 i dont think they can do anything, but yea they ticket you if you skip enough classes. actually they had a local pd ticket me lol

big dad

Established Member
Well, I live in Wisconsin and my wife is the municipal court admin, and I'm gonna ask her about this. I know it's a policy here if you don't pay a fine or just ignore it, your license will be suspended, usually after you've been notified I believe 3 times. Incidentally, with each notification your fine increases proportionally. This applies to all fines, not just vehicular ones. So if for instance you get a fine for not picking up your recycling bins and ignore it and the court, your license will eventually be suspended, and you won't even know it.
In your case I guess you got lucky for five years.

SonicBeast

Established Member
yea report back man let me know what she thinks happened. its really weird, ive been pulled over plenty of times since high school,he told me it was issued in january

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
What the hell, I still owe 40 hours community service for the same thing, from when I was 16, and that was 20 mofo years ago. I guess different states have different rules. Wow

gabe1530

Banned
wow, at first i thought you payed him but then i read to the bottom. that is a weird ticket, i know a lot of people that should have it.

oldmodman

Established Member
During a teachers strike here in Los Angeles I took four months off.

Went to Venice Beach every day, drank, smoked dope, and helped some friends build a recording studio. First group we recorded was Black Oak Arkansas.
Damn, I loved High School.

I wonder if "they" are still looking for me.

serper3

Established Member
Damn never knew there was actually a 'Truancy Ticket' lol

this is what i was thinking the whole time. never heard of this. the worst thing that i remembered in this regard was going to the arcade and there being signs posted saying no minors during school hours and worrying that we would get busted and sent back to school.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
really? ask a cop how many times they have randomly ran a plate and found the person is wanted. It happens often.

Yep, cop bud stated he runs probably 500 plates a night. Sitting at a stop light he'll run all he can see. Slow 3rd shift night he'll roll though all the motels and run all those.

Users who are viewing this thread