Almost ready to buy a term!!!!!

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
sale is pending on my 350z ive had for sale and its lookin really good money wise dont mean to jump the gun too much but I will be joining the terminator family soon!!!!! I want to know whats the difference between the 03 and 04 terms though. dont mean to sound like a noobie but I just want to learn so much more then what i already know about this beautiful 4 wheel machine that i will have soon enough....
also will 20k be enough for a sb or black term with some mods??

thanks for any and all feedback

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
To answer your question if 20k is enough money all depends on the miles and mods you are looking for. If it helps you at all I just bought a 03 black vert with 14k miles and bone stock, even the original tires for 19.5k. Took me almost 2 years but I found it. The market is in your favor for sure.

Last edited:

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
thanks for feedback on the cars. and damn 2 years!!!!!??? a lot of patience my friend dont think i couldve waited that long. I was debating for the longest if i should get a vert or not but i decided i wanted a coupe. sb, black, or dsg in that order. i cant wait to get mine i see them on autotrader and cars.com but they are always priced so high or too far away from me. so i figured since i really want the sb i will def be traveling to get it.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
thanks for feedback on the cars. and damn 2 years!!!!!??? a lot of patience my friend dont think i couldve waited that long. I was debating for the longest if i should get a vert or not but i decided i wanted a coupe. sb, black, or dsg in that order. i cant wait to get mine i see them on autotrader and cars.com but they are always priced so high or too far away from me. so i figured since i really want the sb i will def be traveling to get it.

Mines still available:)

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Awesome. will be nice to have another local cobra. where exactly in Woodbridge are you?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You need to go to this website and read it before you buy. excellent info that every prospective terminator owner should make themselves aware of.

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm8
changes were mainly limited to color and trim. New exterior paint offerings for 2004 were Torch Red (re-introduced after being discontinued mid-year on the 2003), Screaming Yellow and Competition Orange. An optional Mystichrome package with an exterior paint treatment that changes color when viewed from different angles was offered for 2004. Inside the Mystichrome Cobra, the leather seat inserts and the steering wheel cover also shift colors. Interior wise, the 2004 Charcoal Gray seating added dark gray inserts. 2003's were lighter gray. Other differences:
* The 2003 radio decks came with an AUX 20 pin port in the back and the '04 had the SAT button.
* The door lock on the drivers side on '03 Cobras were black, 04 Cobras were chrome
* The 2004 the cats were bigger
* The 2003 had a small interior headliner cargo net. It was deleted for 2004.
* The computer codes were different between the model years

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
On the rippon landing side of Woodbridge in riverside station.
And thanks for the info I will check that website out immediately

biohazard23

Established Member
There was a site that stated depending on the state, the 03's will cost an emissions charge, hence the extra cats on the 04

spincobra03

Established Member
20k will definetly get you a nice cobra but the most important thing is SHOP SLOWLY. Make sure you know what your looking at and have the car fully checked out. Alot of time these cars get driven harder than your normal daily driver. I know its exciting but you really need to take your time finding the right one.

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
Def makes a lot of sense. I want to buy a cobra I want which is really the sb one. I will def shop around and won't settle just for any cobra. I have friends that are way into the cobras that will accompany me where I go and purchase. But I really figure I will be in nc or sc somewhere cause that's where the numbers of cobras are and Florida but that's really far from me. Thanks or the advice I will do just that and shop slowly

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Def makes a lot of sense. I want to buy a cobra I want which is really the sb one. I will def shop around and won't settle just for any cobra. I have friends that are way into the cobras that will accompany me where I go and purchase. But I really figure I will be in nc or sc somewhere cause that's where the numbers of cobras are and Florida but that's really far from me. Thanks or the advice I will do just that and shop slowly

don't let distance keep you from a good deal. I bought my 04 from NC and flew my girl out one way to pick it up and drive it back to Texas. yeah it adds a little bit to the cost of the car, and flying out and driving it back puts a few more miles on it but well worth it if you find the right car IMHO.

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
yeah i hear that man im not letting it get in my way but... its just ive never bought a car without driving it especially not seeing it... but i see that the really good deals are in nc area though... isnt there additional smog and cats stuff done to cars in cali for emissions though??? cause i know bikes are done differently with there emissions from the other states because of smog..

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
thanks for the website for the cobras for sale they have a bunch to choose from i dont know what part of va that is but its def driving distance i liked the sb cobra and 2 of the black ones they had. waiting on email back from there now about more info on the car and if they take trade ins!! great prices byt he way too. thanks again

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
thanks for the website for the cobras for sale they have a bunch to choose from i dont know what part of va that is but its def driving distance i liked the sb cobra and 2 of the black ones they had. waiting on email back from there now about more info on the car and if they take trade ins!! great prices byt he way too. thanks again

one of those sonic blues with the black fr500's came from a member on this site. you might still be able to find his for sale thread if you scroll back a couple pages. he let it go for cheap and that hi end place is making a killing off of it. seems like a decent car and that place is DEFINITELY a good place to start looking and do some test drives. you'll really get to know these cars there and what makes a good and bad one. these cars are monsters, but sometimes people tend to forget that they are still a piece of machinery and aren't meant to be abused. good luck!

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
thanks for the info i def know what sb cobra you are talkin about i check on it all the time. i believe he is in KY so not too bad of a trip for me if i decide to go out there and his car is very clean indeed. thanks again

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
thanks for the info i def know what sb cobra you are talkin about i check on it all the time. i believe he is in KY so not too bad of a trip for me if i decide to go out there and his car is very clean indeed. thanks again

not necessary. hi end auto bought it from him i believe so it would be an even closer trip for you. if you were serious about that car, i would contact him about it. he wont have a reason not to be up front about anything since its off his hands now. and youre welcome. keep us posted

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

drive down and check them out. Also check that Mystichrome out. They are awesome in person. At a minimum as the clowns why the hood is popped in their pics.

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
you know what i think it was a guy from colorado i just saw a post with exatcly what you were decribing but there are no pics yet of it. i have contacted them already and just waiting for a reply cause if they take trades in i might do that if the sale of my Z doesnt go through. thanks for all the info fellas. and i will def take a trip down there with my buddy and go test drive. ill have to find some time to go soon. i will def keep yall posted

Users who are viewing this thread