Almost lost the 93'.......ACK!!!!!!!

buddha93

Established Member
So my wife's birthday is today and we're were getting ready to leave for dinner. My cell phone rings, and it's a friend on the other end. I'm guessig he has a Mustang question for me, as he owns a 93 Limited and isn't too savy under the hood.

So I say "What's up?", and he responds,"Well, nothing good...............my house is on fire." I'm like, holy-hell, that's sucks, do you need anything and then I remember; "Oh chit, my other car is in your garage!". He was still driving like a madman from work to his house, and the house is just a few miles down the road from me.

So I grab the fam and we head out. We get there are there's like 5 or 6 firetrucks, cop cars......the whole gammet. Thankfully, (for my car anyway), it was a slow burner and it was the farthest point from the garage. The garage is attached, but little or no smoke got inside, as the car's interior didn't smell of it, or the garage for that matter.

However, my buddy's house didn't fair so well. Smoke damage out the arse, water damage of course, and several huge holes in the roof and walls to access where the fire was. Feel sorry for the guy. It's condemmed until they do their investigation, etc.

When it was all over, one of the FD guys handed him this pamphlet on what to do when you house burns......almost kinda like a consolation prize. Ya know, sorta like , "My house burned and all I got was this lousy self-help book".:??:

But, at least this didn't happen while he and his daughter were asleep in the middle of the night.:nonono:

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, I just feel bad for my friend. The car would be small stuff compared to your home. I couldn't imagine getting that call. Crazy.

JasonSnake

Established Member
That sucks man! There woulda been a lot more on his shoulders if your car burned down along with the house.

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, he would have felt bad, but the car is fully insured. I left it there tonight (hopefully the FD got the damn fire out), so I'm curious to see what his insurance adjuster has to say about my car being over there.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
That blows! Glad your friend and his fam are ok along with your '93!

cobra22psi

GOD LIKE!
Established Member
Wow man you and your friend are lucky. your lucky your cars fine and he's lucky his daughter wasn't there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry for your friend, but happy that your '93 wasn't damaged. Also happy nobody was hurt in your friend's family.

Users who are viewing this thread