Almost died today!

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
rdvenom99
Thank God that you made it home OK, and chalk it up as one more lesson learned. Thanks for sharing the experience with us...;-)

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by rdvenom99
4camV8, I just put the used OEM pads I took off back on. I don't think any amount of lube or whatever could help these noisy pads but good luck.

I just uninstalled my Hawk HP Plus pads, lubing the backing plate surfaces and mounting bracket surfaces with "Synthetic Caliper Grease & Brake Quiet" by VersaChem that i got at Autozone, then reinstalled the pads. Brakes didn't make a single solitary peep during my 1/2 hour test drive with various braking circumstances.

Just FYI, you might want to give it a shot, cause those pads stop awesome... now if i could just get them to be less dusty:D

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Your title is a little melodramatic dont you think. You werent even harmed, let alone almost dying:nono:

Shit I was flying my plane the other day and the engine quit because of a semi blocked fuel line. I followed emergency procedures and restarted the engine, but I didnt almost die:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread