Almost banned at LACR

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
We should emphasize -- in addition to the perfect weather, today you could run as often as you wished.
Run. Circle around and get in the 1 or 2 car line. Run again. Decide if it was time to cool the car. Some of the best times came off a hot-lap.

Thanks again Allan --
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:cuss: The file for the 11's Run is tooooo big :bash: :cryying:

Looks like the car gets a bit side ways in 3rd gear :eek:

On one of the runs it kept trying to go into the left rail. I was going to let up, but then :idea: I remembered 'It's Allan's car'.

James
;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
On one of the runs it kept trying to go into the left rail. I was going to let up, but then :idea: I remembered 'It's Allan's car'.

James
;-)

:lol: i know exactly what you mean - when i raced that z06 i let off a couple times cuz it kept wanting to drift left. :bash:

james, you're always welcome to drive the car. if you wreck it you can adopt me. :D

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Just to join in the fun and talk a little more trash, lol...eaton cars can run OK too. My car runs 91 in the 1/8 and 116 in the quarter at 7000 ft DA. Hurrah for the eaton, lol.. I can feel your elevation pain, believe me!! Try tripling it!

stang99

With the stuff you have in your mods, if you went to Carlsbad on a good day, you'd do mid 11's in the 120's easily. You'd have to run 100 octane at 200' elevation, I'd imagine. You would also have a lot more power to control in 1st and 2nd when you launched.

Originally posted by sambandit
Just to join in the fun and talk a little more trash, lol...eaton cars can run OK too. My car runs 91 in the 1/8 and 116 in the quarter at 7000 ft DA. Hurrah for the eaton, lol.. I can feel your elevation pain, believe me!! Try tripling it!

stang99

So, it appears that the old weather underground calc is not too far off. I am obviously sure that I would have been cranking nice 11's at a prepped sea level track with a negative DA.

Originally posted by Fiveohdean
I got 2880' when they first started letting cars run and just shy of 3100' when I left.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I wonder how far my tune would be off at a lower elevation?? Or does the MAF help to compensate? Can't wait to give the Apten a try in the spring. Hoping for high 11's at 117 or 118 here. I was gonna head to Vegas in Feb but can't get any damn rooms, lol.. Maybe I'll come out there and run with you boys. Sounds like a hoot!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
I wonder how far my tune would be off at a lower elevation?? Or does the MAF help to compensate? Can't wait to give the Apten a try in the spring. Hoping for high 11's at 117 or 118 here. I was gonna head to Vegas in Feb but can't get any damn rooms, lol.. Maybe I'll come out there and run with you boys. Sounds like a hoot!

Come on over! Fast cars are always welcome.
We could plan a 'C-Bad Saturday, LACR Sunday' special weekend.

Considering what you are running at home, you would love C-Bad. We have a mixture of Eaton cars and KB cars all trying to go faster. I have tinkered a little since the 11.65, and am breaking in a new clutch right now so didn't run my car at LACR yesterday, but look forward to getting back into action.

LACR is a challenge. In every way. But as Tetge said earlier, maybe that is why we like it.
C-Bad has that great altitude (and the Chevy guys that run it are beginning to like the Cobras and Machs it seems to me) and .3-.4 faster ET than LACR. We always have a good time whichever place we go.

"I wonder how far my tune would be off at a lower elevation?? Or does the MAF help to compensate?" Smart guys, step up with the answer...

James

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Fiveohdean
That my 3.5 tons of 4x4 fury ran 18 flat! I'll bring the 18 wheeler next time. :) What did you end up running?
What device did you use to compute the DA?

Users who are viewing this thread