Allen key size for lower pulley install?

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
What size allen key goes in the lower pulley? I couldn't find anything to that fits. On a side not I atleast got the ported blower, upper pulley,mafxtender,BAP, and chip in. I will have to say first second and some of third are almost useless :burnout:. I can't wait to see what it will do when the lower pulley goes on!

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Shoot TRBO VNM a pm on the MACA Forum he can install the lower for you. Jason has a special tool to remove the stock lower, they are a pain in the ass to remove with just the allen key...good luck.

TRBO VNM

its a 14mm and the tool comes with the kit, but like Lou said, it sucks. I have a tool that was made and it works great.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
a hint on the install. do it on your back, not a lift. it's a left hand thread. use your leg to loosen not your arms. with the car on a lift you need like a 10ft f*ckin bar to get any leverage

TRBO VNM

F8LBITE said:
a hint on the install. do it on your back, not a lift. it's a left hand thread. use your leg to loosen not your arms. with the car on a lift you need like a 10ft f*ckin bar to get any leverage

:lol: yeah really.

I find it easier from the top. loosen and move the intercooler res. out of the way towards the passenger side. bring the breaker bar as far to the passenger side as possible, put it in gear, ebrake on and even someone standing on the brakes if you can and then pull to the driver side. carefully because when it pops, it pops and you may slip and don't want to hit the driver fender with the breaker bar.

Venimus03

Established Member
Speaking of lower pullies.....Jason I need to set up a date with you to get my upper and lower pullies installed......What are you charging now of days? Hmmm, maybe a mod day at C.S.S :idea:, pm me.

TRBO VNM

Venimus03 said:
Speaking of lower pullies.....Jason I need to set up a date with you to get my upper and lower pullies installed......What are you charging now of days? Hmmm, maybe a mod day at C.S.S :idea:, pm me.

PM sent. :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Joe, the majority of the time, the lower pulleys will come off no problem with the allen socket provided with the kits. But, those suckers are on there at about 250 ft lbs and I used the technique Jason discribes to get mine off. I've got a spare 14mm allen socket you're welcome to borrow, but if you have a tempremental one, you may want to use Jason's specially made socket.......

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
alright awsome thanks for the info. I will try to break it off tonight but if it doesn't work then Jason you will have a pm. Thanks for the help guys.

TRBO VNM

Mrcobraguy said:
alright awsome thanks for the info. I will try to break it off tonight but if it doesn't work then Jason you will have a pm. Thanks for the help guys.

so how did it work?

Users who are viewing this thread