all us eaton swap guys come on in

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
So what kind of clutch is everyone using in their TR3650. I am going with the Centerforce Dual Force, a friend had one in his termy and it was about 550 wheel and not counting the occasional 100 shot of nos and not smoking the clutch.

I'm using a spec stage 2. I feel like my transmission gonna take a dump before the clutch gives me problems. Gotta start saving for a t56

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
After the eaton, I am going to start picking up a used rotating assembly from a terminator for the future.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
How do you like the spec stage 2? I am going to be doing that here pretty soon.

I like it. For the price it supports good power and it doesn't have that much pedal effort. I would say its just a little harder to push than a stock terminator clutch. I have used spec clutches in several of my mustangs and have never had issues with them

svo/svt

Established Member
I have always ran duel friction cf clutches and love them. i have never smoke one ever. My Eaton swapped cobra also hit 11 psi with the stock setup. Ive been considering a metco pulley to put it back down to 8-9 so i dont kick a rod.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
The higher boost could make since do to the 03/04 heads are higher flowing. More restriction creates more boost. If you guys are doing 11lbs on a stock pulley, oh crap I went with a metco 2lb lower. I could be at 13, guess I better start locating the termy rod and crank combo with a forged piston sooner.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
The higher boost could make since do to the 03/04 heads are higher flowing. More restriction creates more boost. If you guys are doing 11lbs on a stock pulley, oh crap I went with a metco 2lb lower. I could be at 13, guess I better start locating the termy rod and crank combo with a forged piston sooner.

The 11 lb number is higher than normal. You usually dont see a stock pulley running that. I am running stock pulley with a ported blower and I am maxing at 9 lbs. Boost also depends on your intake and exhaust. Are you not running a boost gauge to see how much you are pushing?

Tha_PiG

Established Member
Are 2 Valve Eaton Swaps allowed on this thread?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFqT59u4bM"]YouTube - EATON Bullitt FLY BY[/nomedia]

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Dark Highland Green 1639 - IMBOC

DSC_0044-1.jpg

Mineral_01'

Established Member
The 11 lb number is higher than normal. You usually dont see a stock pulley running that. I am running stock pulley with a ported blower and I am maxing at 9 lbs. Boost also depends on your intake and exhaust. Are you not running a boost gauge to see how much you are pushing?

Well, yes I am running a autometer boost gauge and its reads like 10.7 lbs of boost. Using stock intake with CAI, accufab TB and longtube headers with O/R H-pipe.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Well, yes I am running a autometer boost gauge and its reads like 10.7 lbs of boost. Using stock intake with CAI, accufab TB and longtube headers with O/R H-pipe.

That comment was directed at carrew who said he thinks he may be running 13psi in which case he certainly needs to have a boost gauge if he is running an eaton swap. In terms of your numbers though you definitely have some of the highest I've seen with those mods. Thats awesome though. My setup is ported eaton with stock pulley, jlt cf cai, stock headers, o/r x-pipe and I am running about 9 lbs. I'm just using the 03/04 gauge cluster so it doesnt show an exact number, but its not maxing the gauge which is about 10 lbs.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Whew, 9.7 is on a stock pulley... hmm So I might be 2lbs higher... Hmmm I feel like I should be ok still, because the Marauder eaton swap guys are on 10lbs and some at 12lbs for over 14k miles. Thinking of order the Brisk sparkplugs GR14's for extra insurance. $100 is a choker, but cheaper then building a short block. I guess I can alway by a smaller metco pulley to be safe.

I was reading the termy talk archives and they mentioned the 01 cobra crank is forged and good to 1000hp, but the rods are not. I am thinking now just locating a set of stock termy manley oem Hbeams used and stock termy piston. If the crank wear ain't bad it might be a cheap upgrade semi rebuild.

Last edited:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Well guys after some mind changing and alot of thinking, I should be back on the eaton swap bandwagon. Just chiming in to keep everyone updated since I started the thread! :beer: slowly but surely, and also pics of the custom brackets would be a huge help!

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Well guys after some mind changing and alot of thinking, I should be back on the eaton swap bandwagon. Just chiming in to keep everyone updated since I started the thread! :beer: slowly but surely, and also pics of the custom brackets would be a huge help!

Here is what I have on those custom brackets I used.

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread