all us eaton swap guys come on in

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
It seems like there are a few of us that are doing the swap currently, or atleast getting started on it. I know lance is doin the swap, who else is on the bandwagon? I think this will be a good thread to share questions, knowledge and tips if anyone get stuck on anything instead of resurrecting old threads- Nick :beer:

Ortiz99

Established Member
I've done somewhat the similar "eaton swap" but its not the traditional one. I wanted to do it on my 99 Cobra but went turbo instead. What i did is no different than what most people do with eaton swaps (Minus the cage and alternator) but is very similar so i can help out if need be :beer:

Jamie R.

Established Member
I'm considering doing the swap. I just have to figure out where to start!:lol1:
Luv that true blue!!!!!!!!!! eventhough silver is a faster color;-)

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I've done somewhat the similar "eaton swap" but its not the traditional one. I wanted to do it on my 99 Cobra but went turbo instead. What i did is no different than what most people do with eaton swaps (Minus the cage and alternator) but is very similar so i can help out if need be :beer:

Thanks man I'm sure I'm gonna need the help :beer:

I'm considering doing the swap. I just have to figure out where to start!:lol1:
Luv that true blue!!!!!!!!!! eventhough silver is a faster color;-)

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

haha thanks man, and yea it can get pretty tedious

svo/svt

Established Member
I to am in the process of doing an eaton swap. im hoping to have it most of the way done by this weekend. just waiting on a clutch. what are you doing for extra fuel?

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I to am in the process of doing an eaton swap. im hoping to have it most of the way done by this weekend. just waiting on a clutch. what are you doing for extra fuel?

maybe a bap? im not sure yet. I'm lookin to see what works best for other guys who did the swap. I'd like to not have to get an 03 tank, saves me that much more

svo/svt

Established Member
I under stand i dont want to switch tanks ether. i found a 255 pump from mmr that i was thinking about but im just not sure.What tunner are you going with. i just got an xcal3 and a dynojet wide band

Ortiz99

Established Member
maybe a bap? im not sure yet. I'm lookin to see what works best for other guys who did the swap. I'd like to not have to get an 03 tank, saves me that much more

You dont "Need" an 03 tank. I have a cobra hat with pumps and all i did was pound on the bottom of the tank and made a baffle out of a 1 gallon gas can from Autozone. I've been on less than a 1/4 tank and the baffle works flawless under WOT. I can provide pics of how i did it if you want.

svo/svt

Established Member
You dont "Need" an 03 tank. I have a cobra hat with pumps and all i did was pound on the bottom of the tank and made a baffle out of a 1 gallon gas can from Autozone. I've been on less than a 1/4 tank and the baffle works flawless under WOT. I can provide pics of how i did it if you want.

Lets see them pics

Ortiz99

Established Member
Lets see them pics

102_0098.gif

102_0100.gif

I noticed that i used a really long copper wire and the baffle was a little too big so i made the baffle smaller as well as the copper wire. Sorry i didnt get to take pics of how i did it after but this will give you an idea. The front metal piece looks like its sticking up but i can assure you that its flat letting fuel come into the baffle :rockon:

Ortiz99

Established Member
As far as the i/c pump, i connected mine to one of the ac wires on the passenger side by the firewall. I will check tomorrow what wire it is but i think its just a solid red one. Once you turn the key over, the pump starts priming and coolant starts to circulate.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
glad to see a lot of poeple still doing this. it's one of the best bang for the buck FI setups you can go with! i'm not doing any 03/04 setups right now, but anyone can feel free to ask or pm me any questions at all. done this 3 times now lol...

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Another reason why I may just through an 03/04 motor in mine lol.

I'd love to do that, but I can't afford to just drop 4500+ dollars on a 03/04 engine pull out all at once. I think looking in the right places and taking my time to piece the swap together with good deals here and there I can have the swap itself done for less than 2,000

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
102_0098.gif

102_0100.gif

I noticed that i used a really long copper wire and the baffle was a little too big so i made the baffle smaller as well as the copper wire. Sorry i didnt get to take pics of how i did it after but this will give you an idea. The front metal piece looks like its sticking up but i can assure you that its flat letting fuel come into the baffle :rockon:

Hey man im very interested to see a step-by-step write up on how to do this!!! I need more fuel for my set up, i was thinkin of 03/04 pumps but i want a basket and if this work it would be perfect! :beer:

Ortiz99

Established Member
Hey man im very interested to see a step-by-step write up on how to do this!!! I need more fuel for my set up, i was thinkin of 03/04 pumps but i want a basket and if this work it would be perfect! :beer:

As a matter of fact, i make baskets with dual pumps for people who dont want to modify the tank. I pretty much modify the fuel basket to act as a baffle and let plenty of fuel in, i wire it up (since its different connectors from our stock ones) and even include the pprv delete. I haven't been making them lately since many people go with the focus pump.

But if you want to do what i did then thats totally cool. What is it that you need to know so i can try my best and explain what i did to make it work. Or if you like, i can show you how to make your own dual cobra pump basket. Its all up to you so just let me know and i will be more than happy to help you out.

Last edited:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
interesting baffle setup you got their, whatever works though lol and rio, may need help along the way :beer: glad to see there are quite a few of us doing this :rockon:

svo/svt

Established Member
So im at the point where i ready to get my fuel system taken car of. (ortiz99) do you think you could show me how the wired up the 03 fuel hat. Do you have any pictures of what an 03 tank baffle looks like. im going to try to go off your pictures and do the same setup unless i can come across the correct tank for a fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread