All those that are considering a used Cobra

BenD

Established Member
Better have the dealer guarantee you that the head isn't full of Helio Coils in the spark plug holes. If so make them replace one or both heads....with the new heads.

That would be only fair.

02blackvertGT

Established Member
Can you please elaborate? Are helio coils those inserts that you put in to reseat a plug after the threads have been destroyed?

Thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good advice. Just one more thing to add to the shopper's check-list. Is it fairly easy to tell if heli-coils have been installed? I'm thinking that it could be done outside the dealership, of course, so some dealers might not even think it is worth checking.

BenD

Established Member
Doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling!

When considering the purchase of a used '03 or '04 Cobra there is now something else that one must consider. Think about this!

As if the Helio coil issue, Head "Tick," Stall, Reflash, and many other inherent problems wasn't enough to investigate, now you have to worry about odometer set backs.

In response to a post on another web site about this subject it was explained in some detail how to do it. When contemplating the purchase of a used Cobra, how in the hell can you be comfotable that the mileage shown on the odometer is in fact accurate.

It was my opinion that even the idea of such impropriety should never have been posted and should have been struck immediately.

Last edited:

98Cobra_Kid

Established Member
In response to the odometer set back. Consider this. I bought mine brand new with the odometer reading 30.0 miles. The little card that SVT put in the car says that it has been tested for 077 miles. I have looked at it very carefully and the numbers cannot be 022. Does resetting the OD involve taking out part of the instrument area, because mine was loose? Something smells fishy here. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread