All the motorcycle riders out there...

What have you done with your motorcycle?

• Motorcycle totaled, I was hopitalized

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Motorcycle totaled, but I walked away with minor injuries

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bike scratched up, virtually no injuries

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • I forgot to put the kickstand down

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Saw a recent thread on a members neighbor who was killed. Just curious on what the general consensus was on us motorcycles owners whether current or past. We all know the saying,

"There are two types of riders: Those that have been down, and those that will go down."

Luckily for me, I've only had to lay my old bike down going about 25mph due to a texting driver. I was more mad my bike got scratched up!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe that statement. I laid my 2nd one down at about 15mph in gravel from road construction.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
None apply to me but I rode a GSX-R 750 for about two years before I sold it. I don't think I would get on another crotch rocket too much temptation to go fast and too many close calls none of which were my fault when I was riding.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
None apply to me but I rode a GSX-R 750 for about two years before I sold it. I don't think I would get on another crotch rocket too much temptation to go fast and too many close calls none of which were my fault when I was riding.

I agree with you on that. Just have to assume EVERY driver can't see you. It does get stressful every perpendicular street you pass and it's "what would I do if a car pulled out in front of me"

'88347coupe

just a good ol boy
Established Member
Been riding for 31 years (16 off road and15 on the street)and ive never so much as put a swirl mark in the paint while washing.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Guess i was the only one to lay down a bike a be hospitalized for it. 18 and owning a turbo Busa is a sure way to not make it to 19. but i look back and reflect 6 years later in the midst of trying to buy another one and I think about it.

I was drag racing at Milan Dragway in Milan,Michigan. laid my bike down at close to 120 on the side of the strip. Glad i had my leathers, but that bike was toast. hairline fractures in my collarbone and missing some skin but i got up and got to live my life.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I rode from 99 to 12 and went down 1 time. Some whore walked into the crosswalk right in front of me when I had a green light. Grabbing too much front brake and greasy summer streets put me on the ground. I was doing 25 or so when it happened and would say 10 tops when I actually went down. I had my gear on so I was fine and had frame sliders so only scratched the stator cover. Luckily that was the only problem I had in all those years of riding. Got bored of it and sold my bike... may get another some day.

Last edited:

only a gt

Established Member
Been hospitalized from crashing the dirtbike, haven't gone down on the street so far.

Blackness03

Established Member
I don't like talking about stuff like this because I feel like it's bad luck to talk about it but I have never been down. Never even dropped a bike. Started riding motorcycles at 18. I'm 27 now. HOWEVER, at 16 I was riding down the road on a dirt bike and I hit a deer. I was out cold but walked away with a busted open head (being stupid with no helmet), road rash, bruised up and 2 teeth chipped off right at the gums. (had to get new ones, very bad experience). I was running between 60-70 when i seen the deer. That's all I remember. I'm hoping if the "saying" is true, that, that was my time to go down. It did make me a better rider i believe. When I'm coming over hills and around turns, the only thing on my mind is "what's on the other side".

I'm going to find some wood to knock on now.

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
The time one of my streetbikes hit the ground was from not pushing out the kickstand all the way (on the second time riding it, so wasn't used to it). My nastier spills were on dirt bikes, and that counts.

Thehubster

Established Member
Dropped it because of a blind corner that was tighter then I thought so I came into it with to much speed. held it up into the grass on he side of the road and went for a good 25 feet before the back end came around and it high sided and through me off. I was going maybe 10 mph by the time it through me off. scratched up the bike and bent the bar that the wind screen is mounted to. I had on my riding jacket and jeans as well as a helmet and gloves. the helmet didn't even hit the ground. rode home afterward kicking myself for going to fast on a road I had only been on a couple times. I have been riding for about 3 years now and this is the reason I buy used bikes. I would have been so angry if I had been on a brand new bike but this one is a used GSXR 750 and I am ok with it going down as I learn and get better at riding.

My94GT

Established Member
here is what i said in the other thread-

what i think is that by going solely on that quote you are in fact setting yourself up for failure. ive met many riders that live by that saying and because of that do nothing to further to educate themselves and improve their skill. simple things ive learned like properly looking through turns, brake control, body position at both the track days ive attended and going to cali super bike school have helped me avoid countless potential accidents when i did ride street.

majority of street riders ive met think that they only need to use the rear brake. its stupid shit like that where the time comes for them to properly apply the front brakes and they to avoid a hazard (be it a car pulling out, pot hole, object in their path of travel) they dont do so in a proper manor and hit said object. im not saying accidents dont or wont happen if you take the time to educate yourself further, BUT it greatly reduces the majority of wrecks that cause injuries or claim lives.

i have been down twice at the track, but thats a bit different then the street as im pushing to find the boundaries of my ability. part of what made street riding less enjoyable was that instead of riding and enjoying myself, i was constantly looking for all the things that could lead to a potential wreck. i may eventually ride street again but for now track or bust.

Machdup1

Established Member
Down twice in 25 years of riding. Both very minor. My friends were less lucky in their rides, 2 dead, 1 disabled for life, 1 seriously injured but recovered.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I was going to make this thread the other day. I wanted to show my brother the percentage of people that get injured on Motorcycles. He went down the other day and broke his back. He will recover but he is in pretty bad shape. They are called Murdercycles for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread