All info on 5.4 s/c in vic please!!!

novicyet911

I am still in the process of finding a p71 and lined up an engine swap. 5.4l s/c lightning into the vic. I need all info on this subject please. If there are any websites or personal problems or tips that anyone has ran into please post back. thanks

Last edited:

ModularFan

Established Member
I am still in the process of finding a p71 and lined up an engine swap. 5.4l s/c lightning into the vic. I need all info on this subject please. If there are any websites or personal problems or tips that anyone has ran into please post back. thanks

your gonna have to cut a hole in the hood. go on Crownvic.net - Powered by UBB.threads™. the car is actually ride of the month on there read up on it.

novicyet911

That seems like a project to build up to. WELL HOW ABOUT JUST PUTTING A PROCHARGER? WOULD A FACTORY ENGINE BE ABLE TO HANDLE 7 OR 8 LBS OF BOOST? I CAN GO FROM THERE FOR NOW. JUST NEED A PROGRAMMER, INJECTORS AND CHARGER SYSTEM, RIGHT?

ModularFan

Established Member
That seems like a project to build up to. WELL HOW ABOUT JUST PUTTING A PROCHARGER? WOULD A FACTORY ENGINE BE ABLE TO HANDLE 7 OR 8 LBS OF BOOST? I CAN GO FROM THERE FOR NOW. JUST NEED A PROGRAMMER, INJECTORS AND CHARGER SYSTEM, RIGHT?

Most Guys are running 7-8 PSI anyway, I would put pistons and connecting rods in for extra insurance, just doing that will change your compression ratio as well.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

you can get a vortech kit from reinhart automotive, just good luck on getting all your parts at the same time

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I helped my friend install a 5.4 into his crown vic, he is slowly working on it at this point to eventaully get it turbo'd and everything. But to get that engine in was such a b**ch. He literally hated his car w/ a passion for 2 months. And we also had help from a auto teacher who used to work for ford. All I have to say bro is good luck, that was such a pain in the a** to do.

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Seems like an aluminator with roots blower is a much better option. Big hp potential, fits under the hood, not much heavier than stock, and goes in all the original mounts. Then all you have to worry about is the transmission since the stock marauder computer will run the engine no problem. If I decide to upgrade my marauder again, it will be aluminator and whipple. That will take me from 390 rwhp to 500+. I am worried about the tranny though.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
What about a gt 500 s/c 5.4? That might fit under the stock hood with some modifications of course. The new all alluminum 5.4 that they put in the 2011-12 gt 500s would be sweet in a marauder!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Build a Low boost, aluminum, big bore stroker. It weighs 120 lbs less than a 5.4 and loks like a 4.6. It would make more power with 12psi than you could hook up.

Users who are viewing this thread