all go for the new motor

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
alrite well, just to let you guys know...
i just came back from checking out the motor at the Pure Performance shop in mississauga, Ontario, the owner seems very cool and the motor is as described over the phone.
Sitting on a engine crane wrapped up in plastic, its got the following (well this is what Chris (the owner) could remember so far...

-302 (never seen oil)
-Ford Racing Timing Chain
-B303 Cam (will need MAF conversion soon, more money WOOHOO!! ugh)
-Vavle Job
-New Vavle Springs
-Rods Resized
-Forged Pistons
-Mocy Ring Set
-Clevlite Bearings
-ARP Main and Head Bolts
-Felpro Gaskets
-Melling HV Oil Pump

--i cant wait for the swap to be done... it is going to run me about 3000 CANADIAN with the labor and everything included aside from the MAF conversion (that will come later) what do u guys think?

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
How are the rods resized?

-and-

Change the hv oil pump for a standard one. h/v pumps are unnecessary in most applications and really require a 7 qt pan.

Other than that looks good. What heads are you going to run?

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
the heads are going to remain on the motor for time being, i will look into it after a ew months, perhaps after its broken in...the hv pump is going to stay too because of future mods and hopefully because it may see boost in under a year, about the rods being resized, i asked chris it was stroked he said no, so i don't know how else the rods are resized? perhaps they just have more meat on them?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
just be careful with the h/v pump because it can hurt your power. Look into a 7qt pan also. h/v pumps can drain your oil pan if run in high rpm longer than normal

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
hm never thought of that, yeah i am going to look into a bigger oil pan, it better to get an oil pan instead of another lv oil pump

how much do u think a bigger oil pan costs? and like does it fit under the car or is there clearance issues with parts

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
thats not too bad, i m guna ask the shop about what they can order for the pan
i got to convert to maf first though, it has a b303 cam, but the motor i am swapping has a speed density setup, the new motor does not have an intake, so i got to use this one for now, hope it does not run like shit

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
visited the shop a few days ago.
The motor is being still put together, i am getting a power plus manifold (same thing as a performer,) centerforce DF clutch, better fuel pump after the swap, and also new water pump. Things are coming along well :D

Users who are viewing this thread