ALL 9 & 10 Second Drivers Get in Here

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Id go with a 28" tall tire even with your 3.27 gear. I don't care how wide you go, height is where its at. I recommend a 15" rim and 28" drag radial. M&H makes a 325 (not actually a 325) drag radial for a 17" wheel. You might want to go with that if your looking for the stock look.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I don't know if I'd call that a waste of $$$.

That is a great set up for street/track or anything.

its a waste unless he is looking for an auto-x/road huggin whore. other than that a basic setup with the right shocks/springs is going to get just as good of traction.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
its a waste unless he is looking for an auto-x/road huggin whore. other than that a basic setup with the right shocks/springs is going to get just as good of traction.

Is that why you have this in your sig?:poke::poke:

10.01@138 w/ a 1.49 spinning bad (100 shot)

One of the best launching stangs I've ever been in had that set up.
Along with a couple of mine in the past.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Is that why you have this in your sig?:poke::poke:

One of the best launching stangs I've ever been in had that set up.
Along with a couple of mine in the past.

well CLEARLY it wasnt MY fault as I had a better 60 without n2o...lol...sorry I guess Ill have to put it was October 31st at 930pm and was 32 degree's outside. or just have a link ot the slip....please. Ive gone 1.41 on stock GT springs. i have had

coil overs
panhard bar
adj control arms
relocated uppers
relocated lowers
double adj arms
fox springs
gt springs
cut gt springs
lowering springs

you get traction form 2 things...tires and weight transfer and all that MM mumbo jumbo is a waste like I said. stuff is great to hang corners but all you need is a good set of adj shocks, struts and some tires and you will have all the traction you need. period. someone else already said it too...guys go 8s on stock suspension on drag radials. uppers, lowers, springs and a anti-roll bar. done my car holds first gear on the bottle on the street w/ 18" BFG's rolling into it. you dont get any better

Last edited:

braceyaself

Established Member
100% on the money^^^^ i use to cut 1.50s on 100% stock suspension with the sway bar off with slicks and skinnys don't get better then that. 5 speed. Hopefully this year with the turbo set up ill see some 1.3s with an auto

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
you get traction form 2 things...tires and weight transfer and all that MM mumbo jumbo is a waste like I said. stuff is great to hang corners . you dont get any better

don't get better then that.

You sound old school to me, TQ arm is for more than just corners. It transfers a hell of a lot of weight.

Best stang suspension?

1st would be a true 4 link with paralell LCAs and UCAs, coil overs and P/H bar for lateral control.

2nd would be TQ are with P/H bar

3rd would be stock style set up.
Yes there are guys in the 8s on stock style 4 link and?
There are many there or faster with other set ups also.

I'm done with this, everyone has their opinions.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
You sound old school to me, TQ arm is for more than just corners. It transfers a hell of a lot of weight.

Best stang suspension?

1st would be a true 4 link with paralell LCAs and UCAs, coil overs and P/H bar for lateral control.

2nd would be TQ are with P/H bar

3rd would be stock style set up.
Yes there are guys in the 8s on stock style 4 link and?
There are many there or faster with other set ups also.

I'm done with this, everyone has their opinions.

Im wicked old skool..I was born in 1980...why what else nets you traction??

my point is...your car weighs x and you make y hp. x + y = a 60 foot that any real hardcore/experienced racer can tell you the area you should be in. if I added your "best" rear end setup my car isnt going to go 1.3's...its just not going to happen. Ive used EVERYTHING that I posted and my best 60s came from stock stuff out of like 4-5 different setups that I played with heavily.

what your saying is your opinion which is fine..everyone has one. what Im saying is FACT from everyhting that I have used as I posted. maybe you have used every setup there is..but you didnt say that.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Im wicked old skool..I was born in 1980...why what else nets you traction??

my point is...your car weighs x and you make y hp. x + y = a 60 foot that any real hardcore/experienced racer can tell you the area you should be in. if I added your "best" rear end setup my car isnt going to go 1.3's...its just not going to happen. Ive used EVERYTHING that I posted and my best 60s came from stock stuff out of like 4-5 different setups that I played with heavily.

what your saying is your opinion which is fine..everyone has one. what Im saying is FACT from everyhting that I have used as I posted. maybe you have used every setup there is..but you didnt say that.

Yesl I have used them all. Based on my experience and being at the track for 22+ years I will stand by what I say.

On any decent HP street/track car The TQ arm gave the best 60'

On some it wasn't as much of improvement over others depending on just as you said, car/HP/weight/tires.
But to tell the man that All that MM stuf is a waste is wrong.
It may be for you but not for others.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yesl I have used them all. Based on my experience and being at the track for 22+ years I will stand by what I say.

On any decent HP street/track car The TQ arm gave the best 60'

On some it wasn't as much of improvement over others depending on just as you said, car/HP/weight/tires.
But to tell the man that All that MM stuf is a waste is wrong.
It may be for you but not for others.

for the $xxxx your going to spend against $300...it is

22 years....and I sound old school??

Last edited:

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
Have you tried the M+H's? My 17" M+H's out hook my 15" MT's all day long. And they were both 28" tall.

I try the M/T DR 315-35-17 an it hook better then any other tire. I got a 1.501 60/ft an it ran 9.62@162 That is pretty good for driving to the track an not have to change tires when to get there.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
I try the M/T DR 315-35-17 an it hook better then any other tire. I got a 1.501 60/ft an it ran 9.62@162 That is pretty good for driving to the track an not have to change tires when to get there.

i wont be able to fit a 315 under my car, so im hopeing my MT 275-40-17 will hook with 600ish hp. They should right?

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I got 315x35x17 in the rear of my cobra, I stopped at the shop today and dropped off my stock lower control arms, and sway bar. I will have them check my rubber bushings also. It snowed here today so I wont know how much of a difference it makes until the snow melts.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Have you tried the M+H's? My 17" M+H's out hook my 15" MT's all day long. And they were both 28" tall.

I agree with him 100%. M&H makes one heck of a DR. I'll go one step further to say that hooking a car on the street and on the track are 2 different things. I have seen others run and have personally ran both bias plys and DRS on the street and track and will say bais ply is king on the strip, but a DR like M/T or M&H will out hook them on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread