Aliminator owner

Dirk

Established Member
I just got my Aluminator.
It came with spark plugs already installed, does anyone know what plugs are in there?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
It's too bad it still has all the same issues as the stock 04' motor though. If you're gonna go through the effort might as well go with better pistons with more PTW clearance.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
They are platinum plugs, pull them and toss them in the trash. That's what I did and thru in some BR7EFs.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I'm under the impression that it is made to the same specifications as the regular terminator engine, it's just aluminum. It's a lot of money to spend to save 40lbs imo...

But if you need a new engine and heads it's a pretty damn good deal.

divided

Established Member
I'm under the impression that it is made to the same specifications as the regular terminator engine, it's just aluminum. It's a lot of money to spend to save 40lbs imo...

But if you need a new engine and heads it's a pretty damn good deal.

Thats what I thought too :shrug: Although I think its closer to 60 pounds weight savings?

MVD

Established Member

Its saves right around 80#, which is a great deal. The shortblock only costs $1000 unless you have connections ;-)

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I am looking at getting an aluminator myself and was wondering about the clearances. They way i see it by the time i buy the block, the revised heads and new pistons put it all together with used rods and crank with no warranty. I think the aluminator isnt that bad of a deal, just wondering on the clearances and if the pistons are as weak?

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
I can't find the reference but I heard the pistons are differant then before , closer to the gt500 pistons or the same. And they don't appear to be having any issues. Plus it has the revised heads. I don't think there is going to be any problems with the aluminator.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Its saves right around 80#, which is a great deal. The shortblock only costs $1000 unless you have connections ;-)

Actually we were both wrong.

http://musclemustangfastfords.autom...ng-aluminator-crate-engine-install/index.html

"The Aluminator begins with an aluminum block, saving approximately 65 pounds over cast-iron modular blocks, and is filled with heavy-duty parts. An '03-'04 Cobra steel crank is first to make its way into the aluminum foundation. Then FRPP's engine builders add a set of H-beam steel rods, and forged pistons are dropped into place."

For a street car like mine, 65lbs is not something I would look to lose at a sacrifice of strength compared to the FRPP 5.0 BB cast iron block. Keep in mind though that I'm looking to make 1000+rwhp. The aluminator probably is in fact more than enough for most applications, but I know of a few builders that dont recommend it over 950hp.

Actually we were both wrong.

http://musclemustangfastfords.autom...ng-aluminator-crate-engine-install/index.html

"The Aluminator begins with an aluminum block, saving approximately 65 pounds over cast-iron modular blocks, and is filled with heavy-duty parts. An '03-'04 Cobra steel crank is first to make its way into the aluminum foundation. Then FRPP's engine builders add a set of H-beam steel rods, and forged pistons are dropped into place."

For a street car like mine, 65lbs is not something I would look to lose at a sacrifice of strength compared to the FRPP 5.0 BB cast iron block. Keep in mind though that I'm looking to make 1000+rwhp. The aluminator probably is in fact more than enough for most applications, but I know of a few builders that dont recommend it over 950hp.

Do make a live off of dragracing? What exactly is the purpose for you needing 1000hp? :shrug:

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Yea im lookin to be right around in the 700 to 800 range and i think the Aluminator will be just fine for that.

Users who are viewing this thread